Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. But you have to promise not to tell anybody else :locktopic:. If you can't keep a secret, please read no further.

I am busting at the seams. I am SL#1 at my dealer, I got first in line on July, 30th and I have since told no one of this, not my family, not my friends, not even my girlfriend of more than 20 years. Other than a quick post noting my deposit in another thread, I have told no one at all about what will soon be in my garage. I read through this forum every day, often times wanting to voice my opinion about this or that as do you all. But, no, I sit in my own personal torture chamber and bite my tongue. For fear that someone I know will recognize me. My plan is to just show up in my SS and watch the looks on the faces of my friends and family when I take my helmet off. Priceless !!! Is anybody else going through this secret torture? or am I the only one???

As the delivery date gets closer and closer, this is becoming more and more difficult to keep quiet and control my sanity. Thus, the reason for this little rant and vent.

I am only revealing this to you guys because you promised to keep my secret and I have seen no signs of anyone I know on this forum. So I am counting on you... hush, hush. :locktopic::locktopic::locktopic:

Dateline, 10/1/14, display is up and ready for product at my dealer. Polaris rep was also on site but no delivery timeline was disclosed. I am told that they have taken 9 deposits. I am SL#1.

SL #1, you will be mine... Oh yes, you will be mine...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I'm going to let you guys in on a secret. But you have to promise not to tell anybody else :locktopic:. If you can't keep a secret, please read no further.

I am busting at the seams. I am SL#1 at my dealer, I got first in line on July, 30th and I have since told no one of this, not my family, not my friends, not even my girlfriend of more than 20 years. Other than a quick post noting my deposit in another thread, I have told no one at all about what will soon be in my garage. I read through this forum every day, often times wanting to voice my opinion about this or that as do you all. But, no, I sit in my own personal torture chamber and bite my tongue. For fear that someone I know will recognize me. My plan is to just show up in my SS and watch the looks on the faces of my friends and family when I take my helmet off. Priceless !!! Is anybody else going through this secret torture? or am I the only one???

As the delivery date gets closer and closer, this is becoming more and more difficult to keep quiet and control my sanity. Thus, the reason for this little rant and vent.

I am only revealing this to you guys because you promised to keep my secret and I have seen no signs of anyone I know on this forum. So I am counting on you... hush, hush. :locktopic::locktopic::locktopic:

Dateline, 10/1/14, display is up and ready for product at my dealer. Polaris rep was also on site but no delivery timeline was disclosed. I am told that they have taken 9 deposits. I am SL#1.

SL #1, you will be mine... Oh yes, you will be mine...
Your doin fine String. I tried to go that route, I was afraid I would jinx the deal if I told anyone. The dealer ended up telling one of my "friends" who told someone else and now about half the people I ride with know about it. So much for the surprise, that's fine I'll be the one riding in the SL with the big shit eating grin......Hang in there String, won't be long now.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I'm glad you let us in the Trust Tree! If you can keep this a secret it will be epic. You showing up with a SS out of no where will shock the living daylights out of all your friends and family :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was going to surprise my wife with an SL and then realized that we needed new helmets. When I told her we needed to go helmet shopping it took her about one second to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Can you film it? Just like they do on "pimp my ride"
It would be funny to see your girlfriend running after you with a broom, "how could you keep secrets for me, now what else are you hiding".
Then you Will end up filming it in "The Family Court".
The drama will end up in "days of our lives"

"A few good men" "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth"

Tickets will be sold at a theater near you "SS, The true story"

But maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe the all going to be happy, kiss and have s$x!
Then you must film that and share it with all of us, that would be a wonderful story. Please edit the kissing part, we all love action movies

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was going to surprise my wife with an SL and then realized that we needed new helmets. When I told her we needed to go helmet shopping it took her about one second to figure it out.
I sprung my wife's new helmet on her last night and asked her to try it on. She looked sideways at me and asked, "You're really going to get this, aren't you?"

Oh-Hell-Yeah-566x372.png

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been keeping quiet too! Those I ride with think I was just talking trash about thinking about getting another bike at my age. Little do they know I'm already #1 in line. Should receive it in the next couple of weeks if Polaris is on schedule. Oh, my wife, she has been out of the country for 3 months. She may not be to happy, but what is a guy to do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts