Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I recently went to a dealer in lewiston Idaho to have my fob initialized to the Slingshot so I could activate the security system when parking in public place. The dealer was not able to successfully get this done. I have the “MASTER” OEM security code and I also have my personal code, both work when the fob is away from the vehicle. I’ve done the Youtube method of trying to reinitialize the fob and still it will not work. I called Polaris customer service and they simply say, it is a known problem and offer no solutions to resolve this. I know there are owners of the 2020 and newer models with the same problem that got theirs working. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

thanks
Roger

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I recently went to a dealer in lewiston Idaho to have my fob initialized to the Slingshot so I could activate the security system when parking in public place. The dealer was not able to successfully get this done. I have the “MASTER” OEM security code and I also have my personal code, both work when the fob is away from the vehicle. I’ve done the Youtube method of trying to reinitialize the fob and still it will not work. I called Polaris customer service and they simply say, it is a known problem and offer no solutions to resolve this. I know there are owners of the 2020 and newer models with the same problem that got theirs working. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

thanks
Roger
I have a 2020 and gave up trying to get the OEM alarm working. I bought a Moni Moto from Amazon. If someone is messing with it, the alarm calls my cell phone and initiates a gps tracker

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2020 and gave up trying to get the OEM alarm working. I bought a Moni Moto from Amazon. If someone is messing with it, the alarm calls my cell phone and initiates a gps tracker
Thank you for answering, youre the only one that has responded. I thought about getting an aftermarket security system. I know Polaris is not interested in getting this fixed. I see a class action suit for failing to provide what they sell. Maybe a refund to the owners. The GPS is good, radio is so so, no driver leg room, or luggage space, but I drove it 10,000 miles and loved every mile of it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for answering, youre the only one that has responded. I thought about getting an aftermarket security system. I know Polaris is not interested in getting this fixed. I see a class action suit for failing to provide what they sell. Maybe a refund to the owners. The GPS is good, radio is so so, no driver leg room, or luggage space, but I drove it 10,000 miles and loved every mile of it.
Radio stinks! Get "I heart radio" and use the blue tooth with your phone. I think the GPS is terrible. My wife and I jokes about the GPS does drugs while we are not looking. It will tell me to take an exit off of a major road, then tell me to get back on the same road. Look into the Moni Moto. I love it. I forgot to bring my key fob into the garage the other day. I had to jack my sling up to do some work under it. My phone kept going off telling me someone is messing with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Radio stinks! Get "I heart radio" and use the blue tooth with your phone. I think the GPS is terrible. My wife and I jokes about the GPS does drugs while we are not looking. It will tell me to take an exit off of a major road, then tell me to get back on the same road. Look into the Moni Moto. I love it. I forgot to bring my key fob into the garage the other day. I had to jack my sling up to do some work under it. My phone kept going off telling me someone is messing with it.
Hmm, I had the issue, but its worked ever since i had the dealer fix it over a year ago. 2020 R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts