Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course YMMV, but this is my thoughts about flashing my 2015 the new 2016 code.

I drove about 250 miles today through all sort of roads and traffic. This was the first extended drive time since I had my SS flashed with the new code.

What I liked:
-No idle hunting when coming to a stop. I used to dip down to 500rpm or less and then it bounce back up. I hated that
-The reverse rev limiter has been raised, but not eliminated. I back up a slight incline to my garage, and although it is not gone, it is better. Wish they would just eliminate it all together.
-Increase MPG. Yep, I am seeing an almost 5mpg gain. Up to 29.5.

What I didn't like:
- Decreased performance. I think to get the mpg gain, they muted the acceleration. It just is not as quick as it was. I really don't think it is my imagination.

So, would I do it again? Probably not. The reverse problem is not eliminated, and the decrease in the performance is a deal breaker. We didn't buy these to get good mpg. We bought them to have fun. I never had the surge problem and the hunting at stop never caused it to die, like for others. It was just an annoyance. So this didn't really fix anything major for me. Next time I am in, I may ask the service manager to put back the 2015 flash.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's odd mine runs either the same or slightly better. Maybe reflash it again with the 2016 might clear up the performance hit?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had mine re-flashed with the update. It proved an improvement..., so far. Time will tell. If it works that well, I guess I'll send in my wife for one!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
mine, after the 2016 flash and a Codeman exhaust, NOW runs the way I always hoped it would. No RPM flares during shifting and a smooth and large power band. But, that's been my experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, maybe it is just me. I am very glad most everyone else is happy with it. Did the reverse stutter go completely away for those of you who flashed the 2016? Like when you back up a hill? Did the mpg increase for you? I'm now really curious...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok, maybe it is just me. I am very glad most everyone else is happy with it. Did the reverse stutter go completely away for those of you who flashed the 2016? Like when you back up a hill? Did the mpg increase for you? I'm now really curious...
yes at higher RPMs in reverse it still does cut out - however, I seem to be able to keep it just under that value and, so far, it hasn't been an issue. MPG - haven't noticed a real change, around 27.8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts