Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuc* engine blew up today at 457k during break in. Was taking it easy and doing break in keeping engine loaded. Got 1 block from home and oil light flickers. Parked and sounds like I broke a valve. Least there is warranty. But prob going to need a new engine... Edit :I know someone is going to say it..... Yes there is oil in it

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have to say that is strange. However I ran mine like I had just rented it for a weekend. I broke it in like I had just stolen it. And I now have 1000 miles on it. It runs perfect. A little to good actually. It tries to run wide open when you don't want it to. :)

Sorry to hear about your engine. Maybe they will just swap it and get you a fresh one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine same as Rab. Trying to do varied speed and keeping it under 4500 rpm. Started to take off on me like a jack rabbit with a branding iron up its ass, then calmed down. Glad I was on a straight in a 60 mph zone when the freak show happened. Dat ting on drugs dude.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This motor has been around for a while. I think your the victim of a fluke failure. which can happen with any mechanical device. just shitty luck of the draw.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good this I guess it's going to start snowing in Canada again... Could have been worse.. On a road trip or something. Just mad I was soo close to being done break in. Did have a blast the last 4 days taking it out.. Fix it fix it fix it lol noooooowwwwww

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the title could say.. Lent it to my wife and steering rack went... But got an Insurance check today

·
Registered
792 Posts
There's thousands upon thousands of Buicks, Cadillacs, Pontiacs, Chevrolets, Saturns, etc. running all over this great country with 200,000+plus trouble-free miles on their GM 2.4L Ecotecs. Just ONE of those things. (Pun intended) Sorry to hear the report. Polaris has you covered. No worries

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sorry to hear it happened to you miniman but it's covered and you'll get a new engine. I have over 3400 miles on mine and driven hard to try and see what will "let go" before warranty is up.
Good luck.

·
Registered
272 Posts
MiniMan, has the dealer said what they plan to do for you yet? Hopefully with only 457km they do replace the whole engine assembly. They might want to tear your current motor down completely to see what caused the failure.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine same as Rab. Trying to do varied speed and keeping it under 4500 rpm. Started to take off on me like a jack rabbit with a branding iron up its ass, then calmed down. Glad I was on a straight in a 60 mph zone when the freak show happened. Dat ting on drugs dude.
I've noticed the same thing but it seems to only happon when it hears a pack of Harley's in the distance :mad:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MiniMan, has the dealer said what they plan to do for you yet? Hopefully with only 457km they do replace the whole engine assembly. They might want to tear your current motor down completely to see what caused the failure.
I'll find out today what's going on. I would hope and assume that they will replace the power train. Mt thought is if there is metal in the oil filter then the engine gets replaced. From the sound of the engine there is a lot of metal in the filter

1 - 20 of 126 Posts