Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Iron City Polaris in Phoenix, just unloaded 4 machines, 3 red and 1 grey, all unspoken for because I was the only one they took a deposit from..... If you want one today, give Sean a call at 602 272 5551. Great group of guys, and they will treat you right.
number is 602 272 5551

http://www.icpolaris.com/
IMG_2053.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Someone that lives closer to AZ then me go buy these! I'm stuck in TX watching everyone else have a chance to get one of these wicked machines :/

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love that Polaris just seems to believe random send out of SS is better then fulling customer orders based upon "sold units with deposits". They can SAY and WRITE whatever they want, but actions speak louder. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF REPORTS OF DEALERS GETTING TRUCK LOADS THAT HAVE NO DEPOSIT.

ugh. Let the xmas free for all begin . . . . Lame Polaris, not good at all

Reactions: James McKinney

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Polaris promised to ship pre-sold before loading dealers with units that are yet to be sold.
If Iron City Polaris does have four (4) units available that are not sold some game is being played by Iron City.

Polaris if this is true, why is this happening? You have buyers all across the USA with deposits paid sometime ago that have not been shipped.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I see same thing happening in Maine. I have done the "deposit and wait" on a long list of cars with variable experiences. I am starting to fear Polaris is just shipping them, regardless of build order, deposit, wait list, etc.

See Chevy Stingray roll out. Better off calling around and getting pick of litter then waiting loyally for your number to be called. SAD!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Love that Polaris just seems to believe random send out of SS is better then fulling customer orders based upon "sold units with deposits". They can SAY and WRITE whatever they want, but actions speak louder. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF REPORTS OF DEALERS GETTING TRUCK LOADS THAT HAVE NO DEPOSIT.

ugh. Let the xmas free for all begin . . . . Lame Polaris, not good at all
Batwing.
I also have heard of trucks loads shipped to dealers but everytime I investigate it the dealer has not received truck loads like someone reported. I will report back shortly about Iron City to see if this is true and if so how did they get them.
I feel Polaris will ship first to us that still have deposit down before shipping units not yet sold to dealers. Polaris knows that those of us that still have deposits down will verbally beat the crap out of them if they try funny business like loading dealers with unsold units before we get shipped. I mean enough already.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Some dealers may have purchased them for themselves to resale at inflated prices. So they may actually be "pre-sold" units to Polaris.

The dealers can buy them at discount and profit on the re-sale. Dealers with some cash / credit can do this, while smaller dealers without the same buying power would need customer deposits to order units!

Money makes more money!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Some dealers may have purchased them for themselves to resale at inflated prices. So they may actually be "pre-sold" units to Polaris.

The dealers can buy them at discount and profit on the re-sale. Dealers with some cash / credit can do this, while smaller dealers without the same buying power would need customer deposits to order units!

Money makes more money!
According to Polaris, the way the system was supposed to have worked was the dealer must present to Polaris orders from Buyers that had placed deposits... That way the dealer no matter how big or small could wind up with, in this case, four unit not sold... A dealer must circumvent the system by devious means to wind up with four units not sold... And I don't want to hear that the four buyers backed out... That would be a little far fetched...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Batwing.
I also have heard of trucks loads shipped to dealers but everytime I investigate it the dealer has not received truck loads like someone reported. I will report back shortly about Iron City to see if this is true and if so how did they get them.
I feel Polaris will ship first to us that still have deposit down before shipping units not yet sold to dealers. Polaris knows that those of us that still have deposits down will verbally beat the crap out of them if they try funny business like loading dealers with unsold units before we get shipped. I mean enough already.
Joe, they show a picture of the units in front of the store so they are there. And I was the only one they took a deposit from because they were not sure of delivery dates and didn't want to upset customers. I think Polaris just shipped them. They are a great dealership, and a bunch of 'good ol boys'

·
Vendor
550 Posts

Money makes more money!
100% true... if a dealer has the cash they can mark 50 of them as "pre-sold". They just do not get flooring or terms or anything. Polaris does a crap job stopping this kind of angle shooting

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
100% true... if a dealer has the cash they can mark 50 of them as "pre-sold".
BUT they must present to Polaris the BUYER info of each of the Pre-Sold units... I know of several dealers that are playing by the rules Polaris set and they have upwards of 15 real units pre-sold and have only received 2 units from Polaris...
Chris, How many units have you received???

·
Vendor
550 Posts
BUT they must present to Polaris the BUYER info of each of the Pre-Sold units... I know of several dealers that are playing by the rules Polaris set and they have upwards of 15 real units pre-sold and have only received 2 units from Polaris...
Chris, How many units have you received???
1... :(

I have 12 pre-sold, however 8 or 9 of these customers do not want them until the snow melts here in Michigan so I only have a few actually marked as "pre-sold" at the moment.

your right they must present the customer info but there is no verification.... so i could technically just say "joe smith" wants 10 of them. I'm sure if it was really abused they would catch on but still its not a great system.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Batwing.
It is for sure true.

I tried to get them to take my deposit a couple of months ago and they wouldn't take it. They said something like... When they come in, it will be first come first serve to get one. We don't want to mess around with deposits and have customers calling every couple of days to check status on units that we know nothing about.

This wasn't what I was looking for, so I went somewhere else. He seemed like a nice guy and I have heard good things about the dealership.

·
Vendor
550 Posts
It is for sure true.

I tried to get them to take my deposit a couple of months ago and they wouldn't take it. They said something like... When they come in, it will be first come first serve to get one. We don't want to mess around with deposits and have customers calling every couple of days to check status on units that we know nothing about.

This wasn't what I was looking for, so I went somewhere else. He seemed like a nice guy and I have heard good things about the dealership.
That is the laziest response from a dealer humanly possible... "I'm sorry sir but taking phone calls from customers that are excited and want to spend 25k with us is just a waste of time"

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
That is the laziest response from a dealer humanly possible... "I'm sorry sir but taking phone calls from customers that are excited and want to spend 25k with us is just a waste of time"
I didn't really understand, but it is not my business.

They are in a big market, so I doubt it will affect them too much. I am sure these will sell very quickly.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just got off the phone with Sean at Iron City Polaris Phoenix and he confirms that they have in stock for at once delivery 3-SL's and 1-Base... He claims that Polaris just out of the blue shipped these 4-units to them that they received last Friday...

Polaris, I truly find this hard to believe... This is pure BULLSH$T... How can you, Polaris, allow buyers all across the USA to have deposits down since last August and not ship to them??? But Iron City has FOUR units that YOU shipped to them that are NOT pre-sold... THAT IS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL OF US THAT HAVE PLACED DEPOSITS AND HAVE YET TO BE SHIPPED...
Polaris, I demand an investigation.... I have been trying my damnedest to support you but it seems you keep screwing up... Please, Polaris, put a spin on this that even I can support....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
1... :(

I have 12 pre-sold, however 8 or 9 of these customers do not want them until the snow melts here in Michigan so I only have a few actually marked as "pre-sold" at the moment.

your right they must present the customer info but there is no verification.... so i could technically just say "joe smith" wants 10 of them. I'm sure if it was really abused they would catch on but still its not a great system.
I figured that it would be easy to circumvent the system by a dealer just by giving Polaris a bunch of bogus buyers... It is proven that Polaris does monitor this forum so one would hope it to be a cold day in hell when abusers are shipped more units...It should be difficult for a dealer to prove his next order is legitimate when they are a known abuser... Polaris must ship pre-sold orders first to those of us that still are waiting with deposits paid back in August and September. what does Polaris expect us to do start cancelling our orders taking back our deposits and go to a dealer that has stock on hand??? In effect screwing the dealers that played by the rules... I don't think so.
Polaris must police the order system and protect those of us that placed deposits and are waiting delivery... And they must penalize the dealers that abuse the system... If not, like always, the good guy that played by the rules will get screwed....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts