Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

My 500 Mile Slingshot Review - Titanium Model

5K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  JerriEric 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had my SS for almost two week and tomorrow it goes in for the 500 mile service. I want to post a quick bullet point review for those that still are on the fence or are waiting for theirs.

Very happy with my purchase and would rate it 9 out of 10.

What I Like - way too much to list!

• Open air with decent power
  • More comfortable and roomy than I expected
  • Great clutch feel and very smooth shifting
  • Loads of attention from all different types of people; all ages and all backgrounds love this thing
  • Very easy to work on and very easy to install accessories; pre-wired for almost everything you could want to add
  • Handles great and nanny systems work great when engaged
  • The ability to completely turn off traction control and stability control; more fun to drive this way
  • Nothing can compare with this thing at $20-$24k
  • Windscreen does a better than expected job; blade style with me being 5,10''
  • Very large glove box where I can fit my valuables
  • Etc. etc. etc..... The list could be 400 things
Where I'd Like to See Improvements
  • Cabin heat - I am very afraid that the SS is going to be really hot during our AZ summers. You can feel the annoyance of the heat when temps get around 80 degrees. Especially noticeable in the glove box and cup holders. You also feel this annoyance with the seats because they are waterproof (good thing) and don't breath.
  • ECU Programming - I hate the rev delay when shifting. I hate the rev limiter while in reverse. I hate that the SS idle stumbles so often at stops and low speeds with clutch engaged. I hate that it is so slow revving.
  • Manual Brakes - Why do this? Such a great feeling clutch and no power assist on the brakes doesn't make sense to me.
  • Blinker/Lights Control Lever - It is too long and I am very afraid someone is going to break it off when existing. This should have been 1-2 inches shorter.
  • Fit and Finish - I am picky and my OCD hates all the minor imperfections. Rough seem edges, paint is wavy, emblems aren't perfectly straight, wires could be tucked away nicer, etc.
For $20,000, it is a home run. Look at all the other toys for $20,000 and try to find something as fun and unique as the Slingshot. The options for customization are through the roof and I look forward to getting my order parts installed.

So far 3 people have convinced themselves in buying one after they have seen/drove mine.

I can't wait to get my 500 mile service done. I will then start to drive this thing aggressively (closed course) and will log performance numbers and 2nd tier feedback.

See less See more
#11 ·
I
  • Cabin heat - I am very afraid that the SS is going to be really hot during our AZ summers. You can feel the annoyance of the heat when temps get around 80 degrees. Especially noticeable in the glove box and cup holders. You also feel this annoyance with the seats because they are waterproof (good thing) and don't breath.
Do you think a snorkel can be used to push fresh air into the foot well to cool it off ?

#14 ·
Do you think a snorkel can be used to push fresh air into the foot well to cool it off ?
I am not sure. ha But, I am going to try quite a few things before we get into spring & summer here.

Even tonight, my GF was too warm because she was wearing sandals.

I am going to try some new exhaust and work to seal off the firewall. There are quite a few open holes to the cockpit. Some heat tape in some specific places should help too.

#17 ·

"Where I'd Like to See Improvements",

This was phrased perfectly, and I can promise you Polaris will take a respectable post like this very seriously!
Very well written review Trav, Thank you!:)
Thanks. I get annoyed when people bash Polaris and the Slingshot, so I tried to word it correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.