Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will have owned my Slingshot SL for one week. During that week I have logged 350+ miles in temps that never were higher than 32 degrees and never lower than 21 degrees. I'm in my lower 40's in age and have owned dirt bikes, on/off road bikes, crotch rockets, cruisers and a Can Am Spyder. Below are some experience's I had with my Slingshot.

The bad
1. I have thrown a check engine code---> http://www.slingshotforums.com/posts/41982/
2. Engine Stalled once down shifting from second to first.
3. Quite frequently while coming to a stop, the RPM's drops way low for a second (around 800) and the engine sputters but quickly returns to normal idle. I'm not sure if the low temps are causing this, or something that can be fixed by my dealer.

The good
1. More HP than I expected makes passing even tractor trailers a breeze.
2. Blade windshield directs wind over helmet which I like.
3. My passenger Loves it !!!! She is no longer looking a the back of my helmet !!!!
4. Seat are way more comfy than I thought. I could easily travel all day.
5. Backup camera gets the job done.
6. Stereo volume is more than adequate and sounds decent.
7. The transmission whine is growing on me, I kind of like it now !!!!
8. This 24k machine looks like it costs over 60k.
9. Shifts are smooth and the clutch is responsive
10. There easily is enough storage to go away for a weekend 2up.
11. My fit and finish (panel edges) is not perfect, but way better than some I have seen.

Any most importantly............... Even at 40+ years old, I could easily bring home a 25 year old collage hottie with this ride. It may even be possible to pick one of these girls up even with my missus sitting right next to me. :D
I do not regret this purchase one bit. I love it !!!!
This Slingshot and I are DAMMMM ROCKSTAR'S everywhere we go !!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tomorrow I will have owned my Slingshot SL for one week. During that week I have logged 350+ miles in temps that never were higher than 32 degrees and never lower than 21 degrees. I'm in my lower 40's in age and have owned dirt bikes, on/off road bikes, crotch rockets, cruisers and a Can Am Spyder. Below are some experience's I had with my Slingshot.

The bad
1. I have thrown a check engine code---> http://www.slingshotforums.com/posts/41982/
2. Engine Stalled once down shifting from second to first.
3. Quite frequently while coming to a stop, the RPM's drops way low for a second (around 800) and the engine sputters but quickly returns to normal idle. I'm not sure if the low temps are causing this, or something that can be fixed by my dealer.

The good
1. More HP than I expected makes passing even tractor trailers a breeze.
2. Blade windshield directs wind over helmet which I like.
3. My passenger Loves it !!!! She is no longer looking a the back of my helmet !!!!
4. Seat are way more comfy than I thought. I could easily travel all day.
5. Backup camera gets the job done.
6. Stereo volume is more than adequate and sounds decent.
7. The transmission whine is growing on me, I kind of like it now !!!!
8. This 24k machine looks like it costs over 60k.
9. Shifts are smooth and the clutch is responsive
10. There easily is enough storage to go away for a weekend 2up.
11. My fit and finish (panel edges) is not perfect, but way better than some I have seen.

Any most importantly............... Even at 40+ years old, I could easily bring home a 25 year old collage hottie with this ride. It may even be possible to pick one of these girls up even with my missus sitting right next to me. :D
I do not regret this purchase one bit. I love it !!!!
This Slingshot and I are DAMMMM ROCKSTAR'S everywhere we go !!!!!!!! :cool:
I tought you do a review about your bus ride :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My engine sputters also when stopping but I only have 20 miles on it. Another post said the stalling is due to a clutch micro sensor which Polaris has replaced. I will mention this to my dealer if it persists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts