Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

My 2019 S model build

Tags
2019 s model
3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  usstickers 
#1 ·
I finally got my 2019 s model and I’m starting my build. I chose the s model so I have a clean slate to start building my machine.

#2 ·
My first add on is a Madstad 9 single shield dark gray. Looks great on my white and black sling. The quality is top notch for sure. I’m 5’ 10” and with the shield raised all the way up it breaks right on my eyes. Lowered all the way down I look over it. Installation is very easy... if you read ALL of the directions before you start! I didn’t. dummass! Functions perfectly and looks great!
I give Madstad a 10 on this item.

#3 · (Edited)
The Hurst Shifter is awesome! If you like to drive with your hand on the shift handle you will like this for sure. Removing the existing shift knob was a bit frustrating when I snapped a hex wrench off inside the set screw that holds the shift mount on. I used some heat to loosen the thread lock compound they use at the factory and was able to remove the screw. The new shift adapter and the Hurst handle were very easy to install. If you want to keep the existing shift boot you will have to remove the metal washers from the boot as they won’t fit on the larger size adapter. The momentary button on the top is very comfortable to use for whatever function you choose to use it on. Total cost for the new adapter and shift handle ended up at $100.

#4 ·
Installed the new flat bottom steering wheel and quick release wheel mount. Having the steering wheel removable is priceless for my large framed body. The wheel comes of in 2 seconds and you can step right out to the ground. You need the steering wheel removal tool to make removal of the factory wheel simple. The quick wheel release system is very easy to install and comes in 2 parts, a new steering wheel adapter and the wheel quick removal setup. The factory steering wheel setup is a little tight for getting out if your above the 180 pound club. The removable ser setup makes for an easy exit. Cost was about $180 for the whole setup.

#5 ·
Wouldn't trade my Assault flat-bottomed wheel for anything! Removed the quick release adaptor for an extra 1-1/2" of space and so I can reach the turn signal stalk easily. Made getting in & out easier too (5'9", 160 lbs.). Look for a listing coming soon for NRG short adaptor (NIB) and 2.5 quick release (gently used). PM me for details.

#6 ·
Now that I have the quick release it’s unbelievable how much easier it is getting in and out of the seat compared to having any steering wheel at all. Probably the best mod anyone could make if it’s tight getting out of the seat. I can certainly understand why every race car on the planet has one. The reach to the signal switch is longer for sure but easy to get use to. I highly recommend this setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.