Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ss is wide and low. The stance is beautifully aggressive. Over a glass of johnny walker blue, it dawned upon me that every time I leave my house I'm faced with a decision. I can go the wrong way down the street or make a very irritating u-turn. Now in my f-150 every u-turn ends up being a three point turn. Have any of you gentlement seen the ss make a u-turn??? I don't care how cool you think you are, at the moment your u-turn becomes a three point turn YOU ARE THE WORLDS WHIPPING BOY! Someone please confirm that the slingshot has a nice tight turn radius. If you've read all this, then you're a trooper and I'm proud of you.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't worry everyone gets a good laugh watching me fumble around in my truck. When there's snow on the ground I drift every u-turn.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The Ford F-150 is and has been the world's best selling vehicle for almost 30 consecutive years.... so you're in good company with the turning frustrations.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Same problem with my Chev double cab long bed. I plan my route out before I leave the house. Wife hates driving the truck and avoids it like a plague.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
One of the first things I checked. The SS turning radius was 2 feet shorter than my 3 series Bimmer so it's gonna be ok.

And I assume that was without drifting the rear tire :)

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of the first things I checked. The SS turning radius was 2 feet shorter than my 3 series Bimmer so it's gonna be ok.

And I assume that was without drifting the rear tire :)
Thanks for that! Doing a little research I've found the turn radius of the SS is about the same as a Honda Civic. Which is to say very tight. Of course we are all going to master the Hollywood u-turn. That's just a given. It's just nice to know that even tight city streets will be easily navigated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts