Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 SLR SE. couple weeks ago I did a cat delete which produces a lot more heat . ( I thought it would be better for heat) now like everyone else the inside gets very warm. All the reading besides hood vents etc seems to be change the muffler. But I don’t want a rear exit exhaust. If I get just a different muffler will that help with HEAT AND PERFORMANCE? Any idea on a muffler?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I have a 2018 SLR SE. couple weeks ago I did a cat delete which produces a lot more heat . ( I thought it would be better for heat) now like everyone else the inside gets very warm. All the reading besides hood vents etc seems to be change the muffler. But I don’t want a rear exit exhaust. If I get just a different muffler will that help with HEAT AND PERFORMANCE? Any idea on a muffler?
I have 2018 SL. I tried several mufflers and ended up with the Thermal R&D ceramic coated which you can find on Slingmods. This is a front exit exhaust and the ceramic coating helps with the heat. It is a little louder than stock and can tell a slight improvement in response. Straight forward installation, no modifications.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It helped a lot when I ran exhaust out back. I also have a cat delete pipe and with this system, the muffler is different and sits different. I also put in stick on mats on the interior which also helped some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts