Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've experienced an annoying metallic vibration coming from the 7 or 8 coil springs that fasten the muffler to the exhaust manifold. The noise occurs when downshifting in lower gears. I'm going to check with the dealers' demo model to see if it is a common problem.

·
Registered
686 Posts
A fix could be to find some braided stainless sheathing to put over them, or wrap with thin stainless shim stock held on with wire; it's actually pretty easy to to kill resonances things that light.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK-- dealer installed a new muffler (resonator) today & got rid of the annoying vibes. They determined that a baffle came loose internally in the original and it wasn't the springs at all. $850 invoice but under warranty. Great dealer & factory response to an annoying issue!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
OK-- dealer installed a new muffler (resonator) today & got rid of the annoying vibes. They determined that a baffle came loose internally in the original and it wasn't the springs at all. $850 invoice but under warranty. Great dealer & factory response to an annoying issue!
I posted somewhere on here that my muffler got louder all of a sudden. I believe something moved around inside of mine also. Its not rattling. Just louder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts