Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a muffler for my 2018 slr le with a more aggressive sound that discharges out the side like the stock exhaust. I'm not interested in a rear exit exhaust system.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
No not that we noticed. But I will say from a lot of the post here on the site. If your sensitive to fumes, odors and gear and road sounds . You probably shouldn't own a Slingshot. Between the smells and the angle drive noise it's not for everyone

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
I'm interested in a muffler for my 2018 slr le with a more aggressive sound that discharges out the side like the stock exhaust. I'm not interested in a rear exit exhaust system.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thermal is finishing up the touring exhaust and then they will be working on their front exit exhaust! Should hopefully be done within the next 2-4 months area. We have the prototype hear and sounds similar to the touring exhaust! Will attach a sound clip of the touring exhaust down below for you.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I did this mod as I waited to save up for my Turbo setup
I like it. Did you put the hole in the bottom? What type drill/hole-saw did you use to cut the hole?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I put it right in the bottom about a 1 1/2 away from the original outlet pipe. Just used hole saw bit. It sounded better than what my phone video sounds

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I put it right in the bottom about a 1 1/2 away from the original outlet pipe. Just used hole saw bit. It sounded better than what my phone video sounds
Thanks, when WX gets a better, I'm going to see if I can jack mine up on blocks to get at it. Seems to me, if I don't like it, it can be plugged, one way or the other. I might even start with a one inch hole. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just recently installed the Bassari muffler that exits in the stock location. Installation was easy.

The Bassari muffler was a an improvement over stock, but a bit raw. When I would rev it up for a down shift it sounded like I belonged on a drag strip. So, I installed two Dynatech baffles in an hourglass configuration, making it much like a Flowmaster BDX Series or Pro Series muffler.

It mellowed it out just enough. I made a video comparing the two.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thermal is finishing up the touring exhaust and then they will be working on their front exit exhaust! Should hopefully be done within the next 2-4 months area. We have the prototype hear and sounds similar to the touring exhaust! Will attach a sound clip of the touring exhaust down below for you.

That thermal exhaust system looks and sounds great. Wonder how difficult it will be to install without a lift?

·
Registered
76 Posts
It does look great, and sounds good too! Installing it without a lift I would think would be a major job, and pain. Trying to line everything up while lying on the ground couldn’t be any fun

1 - 20 of 21 Posts