Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
None that I have but everyone else that saw it on the street or parked seemed to be wanting to film it or take pics. Now that the patent is wrapped up I have to get it finished.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
None that I have but everyone else that saw it on the street or parked seemed to be wanting to film it or take pics. Now that the patent is wrapped up I have to get it finished.
I've been waiting to see it finished! Good job on getting the patent.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
This looks like a really nice job. One question, any concern about having the gas tank in the front?
It doesn't concern me but could be placed in other places. It is where I placed it as a proof of concept vehicle.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Look'n good for a quick fix. Was heat off the engine a problem for the rad? I would have thought there would be enough stray fresh air for the fan to pull through. You never know til you try it though. Keep on experimenting!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Look'n good for a quick fix. Was heat off the engine a problem for the rad? I would have thought there would be enough stray fresh air for the fan to pull through. You never know til you try it though. Keep on experimenting!
The old way (with the ram air scoop up top) was a quick way to get the trike on the road last season. Without the ram air scoop it would over heat on the highway because of the dead air zone back there. The top mounted ram air scoop would force cooling air down through the rad and hot air onto the engine. Not thr right way to do it, but it served its purpose. Now with the plenum box mounted below the rad, cool air enters under the rad and is directed up and out. It was interesting figuring out how to construct the side ducts out of fiberglas.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks really great. Kudos on building something very cool and Unique. Can't wait to see the body panels on it when you design them.

I too am a bit worried about the fuel tank being up front and how close the occupants are to the front in a collision. Would definitely move that tank somewhere to the middle or rear of the vehicle with more protection around it. Worse thing is in a collision that thing explodes or burns and your so close to it so out in the open it would be deadly.

I might also consider lengthening the front end a bit more with some more structural support just in case of a front end collision. I know its still safer than a motorcycle for sure. But if it's something you plan on manufacturing and selling those would be 2 areas where significant safety improvements could be put in. You don't want someone dying in a crash when it could have been avoided that will end any chance of getting what is a very cool project potentially out to the public.

Just some thoughts from someone that loves alternative vehicles and is a self proclaimed motor head lol...

81 - 100 of 139 Posts