Registered
4,125 Posts
You going to give any details on it?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Love it at first sight!
Wanna trade it for a Slingshot? :)

And where is the compressor for that turbo?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
looks like it would be a challenge to get in and out of that thing. But still looks pretty damn cool. Why even bother with any panels at all?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love it at first sight!
Wanna trade it for a Slingshot? :)

And where is the compressor for that turbo?
Good eye Otter! The CHRA and compressor is packed away for now. Didn't want to have to do the exhaust twice. Running it normally aspirated for now, then I will install the turbo components, run the plumbing, and reprogram the ECU.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for the info. and additional photos. You are quite the craftsman. I feel more inferior, each time I see you great fabricators post your projects. But, I also feel inspired, for that I thank you @mtntech and all the other creative and talented people on this forum.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool. Thanks for the info. and additional photos. You are quite the craftsman. I feel more inferior, each time I see you great fabricators post your projects. But, I also feel inspired, for that I thank you @mtntech and all the other creative and talented people on this forum.
Thanks. I will say that having access to a good tubing bender opens up a whole new world to anyone that likes to build with metal. Kind of like getting a welder.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
@mtntech this looks amazing! I'll be curious to see what you do panel wise etc!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very impressive work.

Sorry if I asked you this already at the RT forum ( http://reversetrike.proboards.com/ for those interested), but will the panels be structurally attached to the frame to replace the missing triangulation?
Panels will not be structural. Tubing is not thinwall, it's .125" wall. Because I am using an automotive style drivetrain I built the chassis a little sturdier. The RTs that use motorcycle powerplants go for the lighter weight because they are lacking in the torque department. I wanted mass and stability on the road. I'm at about 1500 lbs right now.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts