Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So I just got off the phone with my dealer and got the number 9 spot on the waiting list.

$500 Refundable at any time.

I asked what they were charging for the SS and he told me MSRP plus $1300 which includes freight, destination charge and assembly. Tax,Title and License is separate. Just wondering if you all think this is reasonable and fair? seems alright to me but I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey guys, So I just got off the phone with my dealer and got the number 9 spot on the waiting list.

$500 Refundable at any time.

I asked what they were charging for the SS and he told me MSRP plus $1300 which includes freight, destination charge and assembly. Tax,Title and License is separate. Just wondering if you all think this is reasonable and fair? seems alright to me but I honestly don't know.
Since we know there are OTD deals going for MSRP or less. I'd deal a MUCH harder on a #9 slot.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
That's about the same as my Oregon stealership quoted me. 974+title, tags etc.......Not sure we can "deal" much harder given the fact that we're begging to be on a list of people in line. Especially if all the stealerships in your
state are charging about the same. I'm sure #10 won't mind riding away in your ss. :jimlad: I'm going to see what everyone in oregon is charging first though....Then I'm going to see about the Costco discount before pulling the trigger.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
Be careful with Kmart and Walmart. You'll end up with a knock off Hyosung instead of the Polaris. You'll be riding around in a slingshot where they had to change the "o" to an "i" for legal purposes......and we'll all make fun of you. :playful:

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
If you are happy then it is a great deal!!! It is certainly on mark with many of the deals I have seen including mine!! Get ready to have a s*!t eatin' grin on your face!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
It almost always costs more to be in the 2nd row center. No different than desiring to be at the front of the line. Econ 101.
What will be interesting is what the OTD price will be after the initial surge of excitement and anticipatory demand subsides.
Or will it?
Will the SS, after it is seen on the roads, actually drive more demand and thus higher OTD prices?
It will be interesting to observe.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yes, if you are happy go for it. But many dealers all across the USA do not charge freight or set-up. Even one dealer in Alabama is selling below MSRP with no freight and no set up. Call around to dealers in your area you might be surprised you can save some bucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Freight and/or setup is pure profit padding on top of dealer invoice.
Might as well ask them to throw in floor mats! LOL.
If the SS sales stall out over time expect competitive pricing and dealer incentives. Or at least one can hope.

·
Registered
330 Posts
NORTHWAY SPORTS in MN has 3 on the list and $900 over msrp

MotoPrimo in MN 2 on list $900 over msrp 1 Grey on available this month

Bristows in MN 4 on the list $0 over msrp

Actions sports in MN 2 on list $1000 over msrp They have a decked out grey one avalable this month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts