Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright - these bad toys are hitting the streets. Let's hear what the real world fuel economy is.

Please include any mods/options that you might have and mixture of City and Hwy traveled. I will update as needed once SSs are broken in.

Johnathan T. - 32 Mixed (Vi CAI, trio exhaust)
Tripod - 30.7 Mixed (CAI, UPtone exhaust)
Reese - 28.5 Hwy (2016 - stock)
Funcycle - 33.2 Hwy (Alpha CAI, cat delete)
bikerbill - 28.2 hwy (2016 - stock)
InfoStrada748 - 26 city / 35 hwy (stock)
SlingMods - 25 city / 34 hwy (stock)
Wolf - 23.2 mixed (stock)
Noel Hughes - 28 city (stock) first 600 miles
LowDid - 27.6 hwy (stock)
Ray Nellis - 28.0 hwy (stock)
MitchS - 27.0 mixed (stock)
Tango - 26.5 city / 31.1 hwy (stock)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do these thing even have a calculator in them or we doing the good old pump to miles method?

Ive had cars that had milage caculators in them and some were way off and some were very accurate, but I always check the "old" way first to see if it is accurate

·
Registered
792 Posts
There is a MPG indicator on the multi-function display. You push the black button on the center console to toggle thru several display options and modes. I watched Slingmods gauge cluster video several times and when he was demonstrating the modes, I paused it and saw it read "24.0 mi gal"

image.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the gauges a lot - they are sweet looking in blue. 24mpg average is not too bad, but considering a bmw 335 with 300hp averages better than that, it's kind of odd. Don't car's usually get better mileage after they are broken in?

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
Give it some time for the new owners to take some trip, get her broken-in, and really start checking mileage.

Right now everyone is checking it out, trying the performance and the vehicles are not broken in. Not going to get greatmileage in cold weather in testing and performance environment!

Bet I can get well into the 30's once I get mine and get her broken in?

Performance driving will bring down MPG ASAP. And my 700 pound Valkrie only got about 35 MPG. So this will be pretty capable of geting 30's and maybe into 40's.

A little hyper-mileing will do a lot on a light vehicle at speed of 45-55 mph on back roads!

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Infostrada - Let us know if that is the same at the pump. That does seem a bit low.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
5th gear 65-70 mph
Is the MPG display real time or cumulative since last reset?

Sounds like the SS is as draggy at speed as I thought.

Either that or the inefficiency of the combined shaft and belt drive is worse than I thought.

Or you happened to check it while on an uphill grade?

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated SM. He was also seeing 34 on the highway so we will see how much of a change a couple 1000 miles has.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
34? That's great. I'm happy to hear that. After hearing low 20's from everyone, I was thinking it wouldn't be as good as I was expecting. I figured you could squeeze low to mid 30's on the highway. After break-in it may even be better than I expected.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts