Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to hijack SlingMods Thread on gauges so I thought we could record (OR NOT) what kind of Miles Per Gallon you're getting (once you get your SS).

My first fill up at 189.6 miles took 7.8 gl and during break in fluctuations with the revs and speed I got 24.3 mpg
2nd fill up I let the Gas Light go on with 1 bar left and distance to empty was 25 miles, I went 198.4 miles it took 7.3 gl and I got 27 mpg, on this run I stayed above 60 mph up to 80 mph. So hopefully with daily riding and not getting on her too hard, hopefully she'll go up to 30 mpg? 388 miles in the first 24 hrs, next day I only got 107 miles on her before I had to get back to reality and take care of responsibilities i.e. get ready to leave town for work...so she sits under cover waiting for me to get back so I can change the oil then ride her like she's meant to be ridden!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Picked my SL up on 11/26. First tank: 20.8 mpg; second tank: 23,6 mpg. When I fill up tomorrow it looks like it will be 24+ mpg. I've been driving it hard though, mostly in the hills (the cornering power is incredible).

Tomorrow I'll be on the freeway to/from work and the mpg should go up. 500 mile service happens on Tuesday.

The Slingshot is everything I hoped it would be and more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really don't care what I get. 9 gallon times $2.20 or whatever, is under $20. smiles on face priceless. even at $40 a tank, its freaking awesome. To me its the best invention of the motorcycle, trike or hybrid. EVER!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
20-24 mpg. There's a very noticeable drop between 65-70ish driving and 80-85ish driving. I didn't buy it for economical commuting. Hopefully no one did! Hahaha I would still drop down in that red and black seat at 10 mpg.

·
Registered
791 Posts
20-24 mpg. There's a very noticeable drop between 65-70ish driving and 80-85ish driving. I didn't buy it for economical commuting. Hopefully no one did! Hahaha I would still drop down in that red and black seat at 10 mpg.
Almost to 500 miles. Pretty steady at 23 mpg

·
Registered
426 Posts
I guess I'm average here 7.21 gallons 93 octane at 182.7 Miles (25.34)last fill up.
I am expecting to see that increase once I get the ram air box installed, if I can keep my foot out of the throttle

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
We only have about 150 miles on ours and it appears to be 24-28 MPG so far, expect that to improve after it breaks-in and we do some longer cruises. Expect low 30's with the way we will use it. We do a lot of short 100-200 runs on back roads running 45-55 mph most of the time and a few runs on Interstate running about 70.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
3.70 final drive will not deliver really great gas mileage, but I would expect real life cruising to deliver in the low 30's once everyone gets them broke-in and for the ones that drive them moderately.

I have always noticed an improvment after about 5000 miles and everything starts to settle in!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts