Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just got a quote from Progressive Northern California Bay Area
$3000 per year but if the SS is completely paid off then they will let you only cover for liability which is around $500.
They also state that if you try to get a loan to finance a SS they will require something called and "comp and collision" coverage which is why its $3k

Maybe someone from the Bay Area can chime in with their rates because if that's the case I can't get a SS until I can pay in full on the first day. bummer!

Victor
I'm in your area. Paid off slingshot and have full coverage for $575 a year with State Farm. You don't want liability only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
has anyone found an insurance underwriter that will offer a reasonable price for full coverage on the slingshot?
Rango
I spoke to a rep from Dairyland Ins. a few weeks ago and he said that right now the companies aren't sure how to rate them. As of now they are considered Sportbikes, which we know is BS.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have full coverage with Progressive and it's about $700 per year. I cut back on some deductibles and that brought it down.
When I bought my SS, Progressive wanted over $2000. Shopping around I ended up with Nationwide at $485 for better coverage. This year my rates went down to $375. Location seems to be the biggest factor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wanted to give you an update on my insurance situation I was paying $1300 a year through foremost everything I own is insured with Geico but when I bought the sling they would not ensure it so because of the post in here I called Allstate and got a quote and they were saving me money even though there was a claim showing on my record that I never had so I called Geico to fix the situation and while talking to them found out they now insured slingshots so I had them give me a quote and it was half of what I'm paying now they insured it for $600 a year .....so a heads up ....any of you guys that are with GEico and couldn't get insurance you need to call them back

·
Registered
99 Posts
Insurance, for full coverage, in the UK is costing me approximately $650 - $700 (at present UKP - USD exchange rates).
What we call "Excess" is approximately $500 (I think you say "deductible" in the US).
I am 55 and I also have cover included for my wife 52 on the same policy.
I have what we call 11 years "No Claims Bonus" and one "Endorsement" (read as "penalty" in US) for speeding, now 2 years old, (it is removed after 3 years).

The same underwriters started by asking over $1,500.
You must negotiate and barging with them, to get a competitive price.
The underwriters were the only one in the UK to cover SlingShots but I suggested that an alternative underwriter may be looking at taking on SlingShot work, (yes I had enquired,) so they quickly dropped the prices they were asking and improved the cover that they offered me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got State Farm and am in Colorado paying $336/year for full coverage. Switched from Farmer's because they wanted over $1600/year for the same coverage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Run from Progressive.
Why? They came in the cheapest for be from all online quotes. I see everyone here giving all sorts of pricing and saying 'full coverage' however there's no single definition of that. We would need to know the limits, deductibles, medical payments, uninsured/undernsired, replacement cost or market value coverage, etc. lots of variables.

I compared MetLife which holds all my other policies and they were way more than progressive for the same levels of coverage. Allstate was almost double.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why? They came in the cheapest for be from all online quotes. I see everyone here giving all sorts of pricing and saying 'full coverage' however there's no single definition of that. We would need to know the limits, deductibles, medical payments, uninsured/undernsired, replacement cost or market value coverage, etc. lots of variables.

I compared MetLife which holds all my other policies and they were way more than progressive for the same levels of coverage. Allstate was almost double.
We quote insurance for Polaris Slingshots, in 35 states and full coverage is considered to be Liability, Comprehensive and Collision. Some states (but not all) have mandatory coverage such as, Uninsured Motorist, Underinsured Motorist and so on. Insurance companies annual premiums are based on four main stats, credit score, age, zip code and what you are insuring. Then come all the respective discounts.

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

I was with Travelers when I bought the SS. They don't insure motorcycles. I did not know that when I moved my insurance to them from Allstate.

Had to get the SS covered until I had time to research things more thoroughly as far as moving house and vehicles under one carrier.

Perfect driving record, no claims in over 25 years, exceptional FICO - Progressive was $1500 a year for the SS full coverage $500 ded..

Just switched everything over to State Farm. SS is now $295 a year full coverage.

Over $1200 cheaper. ;-)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Liberty Mutual couldn't even give me a quote. They don't cover Slingshots. Surprised since it is such a big company that does a ton of advertising here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
$427 full year Progressive with these options:
250/500/100 BIPD
25/50 Uninsured/Underinsured
$3k in accessory coverage
Full repalcement cost (MSRP for new one for up to 3 years) - not market value!
$500 Comprehensive deductible
$1000 Collision deductible

This also includes their disappearing deductibles nonsense at no extra cost. I wouldn't pay for it if it wasn't free.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts