Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm located in Atlanta. $982 a year $1k deductible.

I'm 30 with a clean record. Must be Atlanta pricing. I have a friend who has one with a clean record, 45, and its $850

·
Registered
162 Posts
State Farm in Oklahoma rocks.

Eff:05/02/2016 MUTUAL ADDED MOTORCYCLE - QUOTE

Quote # 1 2016 POLARIS SLINGS TERR:005 *

*CL:1A0S BIPD 100/300/100 $35.80 *
LRF:L COMP $250 DED $40.27 *
DRG:041 *
GRG:045 *
LRG:33 *
PO:1 *
CC:2384 *

*TOTAL PREMIUM $208.24 *

MONTHLY PREMIUM $34.71 *

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just changed Harley from Allstate to NY Mutual. Went from $650 to $425 a year.
added SS and that added $500.
Pseudo clean license :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got mine with State Farm......$205 every 6 months for full coverage. It also freezes coverage from November 1st until March 1st since the SS will most likely be resting up for warmer weather in my garage. I live in Tennessee and have a spotless driving record.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have mine through Progressive as many others do. I believe I'm paying $426.00 a year for full coverage which isn't too bad. My Harley was more expensive through Progressive than the SS!!

Also, one thing that DEF affects your insurance rate is not only where you live of course, BUT what your CREDIT SCORE is!! Every now and then when you get your insurance paperwork sent out for the year you'll find that info in the fine print of the document.

I have a friend in the insurance business who confirmed that for me as well. He said most companies look at your credit score FIRST before even quoting your actual final rate! He also said most companies are more interested in your credit scores over TICKETS!! Sling on

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have mine through Progressive as many others do. I believe I'm paying $426.00 a year for full coverage which isn't too bad. My Harley was more expensive through Progressive than the SS!!

Also, one thing that DEF affects your insurance rate is not only where you live of course, BUT what your CREDIT SCORE is!! Every now and then when you get your insurance paperwork sent out for the year you'll find that info in the fine print of the document.

I have a friend in the insurance business who confirmed that for me as well. He said most companies look at your credit score FIRST before even quoting your actual final rate! He also said most companies are more interested in your credit scores over TICKETS!! Sling on
I think that's crazy cause insurance is to insure you and your vehicle your driving. I personally think it should be based upon your driving history/record

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think that's crazy cause insurance is to insure you and your vehicle your driving. I personally think it should be based upon your driving history/record
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do too!! The idea with the insurance companies using ones credit scores is based on one thing predominantly. That being, they assume a person with a higher credit score makes better decisions when it comes to driving. They feel a person with a higher credit score is more educated and makes better decisions than one with lower scores which can indicate the failure to control ones spending in most cases.

Mind you, these aren't my views, as Im only passing on information that my friend has provided me. Sling on

·
Registered
170 Posts
Everything with any insurance company is based off the amount of risk they assume when they insure you. Studies have shown that people who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor scores and therefore a better risk of not having a claim. It is one of many factors that insurance companies use in determining your premium.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got mine with State Farm......$205 every 6 months for full coverage. It also freezes coverage from November 1st until March 1st since the SS will most likely be resting up for warmer weather in my garage. I live in Tennessee and have a spotless driving record.
I had a 2008 Goldwing Trike I traded in on my 2016 SS SL and was paying $410.00 a year with Progressive. They upped it to $1212.00 for the SS I just Got it here in Fl from State Farm for $308.13 every 6 months for $500.00 deductible and $100,00, 500,00 and 50,00 liability.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had Geico for the 2014 Harley trike and 2013 BMW, Both Full coverage. Both bikes were 256.00 With 100/300 Med payments 10K Under and UN insured 50/100 K Comp and Collision ACV.
Called geico to change to the Sling NOPE. They do not insure them. They use there sister company Foremost WTF... Same coverage 1,058.00 have MC license for 52 years Never an accident for the last 40 years, Had a speeding ticket in 1990. I got SCREWED and did not even get kissed.
I have Traveler's for all our vehicles they do not insure motorcycles, Called Progressive, Had a good laugh. 3,847.00

·
Registered
738 Posts
One thing to remember when comparing insurance with other posters. If you live in a cold winter climate area, you will be paying less for your annual premium. I know with my motorcycle my agent told me they assume you won't be riding a certain number of months in the winter and thus the lower rates. I'm guessing the same is try for the SS.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Maybe an info thread with just state, company, coverage, cost, tickets. Would be helpful.

Oregon
Nationwide online
100/300 full with $500 deductable
$375.00 per year
No tickets

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got a quote from Progressive Northern California Bay Area
$3000 per year but if the SS is completely paid off then they will let you only cover for liability which is around $500.
They also state that if you try to get a loan to finance a SS they will require something called and "comp and collision" coverage which is why its $3k

Maybe someone from the Bay Area can chime in with their rates because if that's the case I can't get a SS until I can pay in full on the first day. bummer!

Victor

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just got a quote from Progressive Northern California Bay Area
$3000 per year but if the SS is completely paid off then they will let you only cover for liability which is around $500.
They also state that if you try to get a loan to finance a SS they will require something called and "comp and collision" coverage which is why its $3k

Maybe someone from the Bay Area can chime in with their rates because if that's the case I can't get a SS until I can pay in full on the first day. bummer!

Victor
Progressive has one of the highest rates around. Do some online shopping and you'll do much better.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts