Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone found an insurance underwriter that will offer a reasonable price for full coverage on the slingshot?
Rango

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got my slingshot 3 weeks ago, my auto insurance is progressive but to insure the slingshot they wanted $2k up front for the year. Allstate wouldn't insure it unless I had a motorcycle license for a year which I don't have, I told them I'm not required to have a motorcycle license to operate it and they told me that was their policy. State Farm is where I ended up $65 a month to insure both the wife and I in California. Hope this helps
I should add this is full coverage and both of us are in our mid 40s with clean driving record.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Its all over the board and it depends on where you live. I got state farm 500 a year full coverage 100 deductible. I even got my aftermarket mods covered. I live in northwest Indiana. Now there are guys who live in southern Indiana and Kentucky who state farm would not touch. My agent said it depends on the underwriters. I've had my SS for a year so I'm sure stuff had changed maybe not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm going to have to show the State Farm agent this post. Best deal I've found was Allstate, $130/mo in Washington State.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hope I don't hurt any feelings or make anyone mad but I just got my State Farm bill and for 6 months of full coverage, it was $150.
Keep in mind that I am over 65 and a spotless driving record for over 50 years. I also insure my car and home through them too.
That helps on the rates. Can anyone beat that rate?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I'm going to have to show the State Farm agent this post. Best deal I've found was Allstate, $130/mo in Washington State.
I have All State in Northern Indiana $430.00 year full coverage...
I do know that prices have been all over the place... Some area in Indiana State Farm will and other areas wont ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
State Farm $34 a month Full Coverage with extended medical. $250 deductible in Oklahoma.

·
2016 1/2 SL LE
52 Posts
I live in Florida, and I pay 46.95 a month with Allstate this includes 10k worth of acc. coverage and I also have full replacement cost. rates depend on your state, age, and driving record. Oh something else that they don't tell you they look at your credit report.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here in Knoxville TN. Just checked before getting blue fire. State Farm for 46.00 per month 250.00 deductible and extended medical that's with motorcycle safety class and already owning a harley for several years. Just turned 39yrs no accidents or tickets

·
Registered
520 Posts
has anyone found an insurance underwriter that will offer a reasonable price for full coverage on the slingshot?
Rango
Foremost.. Full coverage for $450 a year.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts