Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a motorcycle. The closest I have gotten is driving a scooter and mini bike around a driveway so helmet experience is near 0.

What are good things to look for in a helmet?

Is the blue tooth functioning helmets a solid replacement option for things like the sound system on the SL. (the helmet sure costs a lot less!)

Do the half shells help a lot with air venting such such? It looks like full helmets can get kinda hot inside!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Above all else, make sure the helmet fits. Make sure it isn't too large - it's not supposed to twist on your head if you try to twist it side-to-side. Make sure it doesn't have any hotspots on your head. Wear it for as long as you can inside the store. Different companies can use different general shapes - more round or more oval. Getting the wrong shape will lead to pressure points and hot spots.

Greatly a personal preference on type - half shell, 3/4, full face, or full face modular. I wear a full face modular helmet on my motorcycle. I've never really had a problem with heat - saw 105 on the bike on the ride home from work yesterday.

My wife and I have the Sena Bluetooth units on our helmets. Absolutely love them. We don't talk back and forth all that much, but it's nice to talk to her or other friends riding with us. Otherwise, I'm listening to music streamed to the Sena from my bike. I can also make and receive phone calls with the Sena, and with my full face helmet shielding the wind, people who talk to me don't realize I'm on my bike. When my wife wears her half shell on her Spyder, I get mostly wind noise when talking to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts