Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
WOW! I wonder how close to the production model these images are? The front/side views looks really good. I'm not sure about the rear view though. Something seems to be missing put I can't put my finger on it.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It need more body around the back part to help sculpt it to an angular point IMO. Or maybe some sort of storage or saddle backs on each side to help fill it in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was excited about the slingshot until I saw these renderings. The front is good but poluris has to do something about the rear. It is ugly like cover it with a paper sack ugly. Nothing sporty or sexy or aggressive about it. Just ugly. Sorry Poluris R&D. I am sure someone has already said something like fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After looking at the front. It needs either the space between the lower fairing and the headlights filled in with body work. Or the wheels need to be moved out of under the in a more open wheel style with a fender placed over them. Either show the wheels or cover them up from the front. Don't try to do both.

revisiting the back of the slingshot. There is just too much space between thTween tire and the bottom of the body. I know there are some mechanical pieces that are not shown in this rendering like shocks, drive belt or shaft, fender or mud guard over wheel. But I am afraid it is still going to look bad. A wider tire and some body work to close the gap would fix the something missing. Like it was suggested in a earlier post maybe add some storage on the sides to close the gap.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't seen it anywhere. I was just told about it from someone that was at the show, but I don't think the video was ever published to the public.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The final production version will not be like this. Even if these are their early renderings, they would have done a good bit of tweaking to it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think it will be a whole lot better without the ridiculously large wheels and low-profile tires. I like the wheel size shown in the teaser. It's better that way because of the less punishing ride and imminent road rash that's expected with the larger wheels.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts