Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from http://www.4ucam.com/

Toward the middle of the page are multiple-camera models that can be wired so that normally the camera pointing straight back is on, but when the turn signals are activated the right- or left-side mirrors are activated.

Or you can see them all at once in split-screen mode.

Kind of pricey though.

I'm thinking maybe just a straight-back and right-side one for the blind spot, hoping to be able to just look over my left shoulder for that side.

Or maybe just a single camera biased to the right to catch the blind spot; I calculate that even with a 130 deg field of view camera, you can only see things on the right side that are farther than 20' back.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I just want a switch so I can flip on the backup camera that is in the infotainment system while I'm going down the highway. And a way to brighten the display

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I add convex mirrors to the side view mirrors to all my vehicles, I cant help myself.
The SS will require rectangle ones .The systems in the OP will work on the Motorcoach .

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
The Pyle PLMRM72B 7" Active Matrix TFT LCD Marine Display is waterproof to 1 meter, supports 3 cameras and comes in Black or White. List is $355, but have seen for around $150 or less.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Walmart sell great rectangular convex mirrors for less than $5.00. They are about 4 to 5 inches long. I put them on this week and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts