Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I received my MO-Door garage door opener and was SUPER EXCITED to put it in. After all the reviews and hype (as well as the need to not carry a clicker or make the wife get out of bed at 5:30 am in her underwear to close the garage behind me) I had to get this installed immediately!

I ordered the 2-button switch option because I live in a gated community. My personal garage door was a CINCH to pair with the MO-Door. The set of instructions included with the product walked me through in 6 easy steps and it was working in a matter of 30 seconds!

Now to pair the community gate..... With no access to the actual motor of the gate to hit a "sync" button (as easy as it was for my personal garage) I drove to the community gate, parked off to the side of it and began "fishing" the codes in order to synchronize the new opener. After several minutes up to an hour and a half and ALL failed attempts, I jumped on MO-Doors website and began looking at the F.A.Q. sections. It was to my dismay that I learned that the unit I bought may not be the right one for the job because my gate may require "dip switches" set in a certain sequence to allow functionality!! "WTF are you kidding me?!?! I thought this worked with 99% of all gates?!?!" So on MO-Doors website there was a contact button, clicking on it I then was lead to a page to fill in all my product and contact information and asked to hit the submit button. After doing so i thought to myself "Shit! I just bought this $120 garage opener and now I have to go explain to the wife why it doesn't work!! Im screwed (because i can hear the "I told you so's" from the wife!)and I probably wont get this issue resolved until they decide to get back to me!!" So with a heavy heart and a frustrated mind I started my car and headed for home. I pulled in my garage (which was less that 500 yards from the gate) climbed out of the car and my cell phone began to ring in my pocket. I looked at the number and thought "who the hell do I know from Colorado?" "Hello" i answered, "Hi Jonathan. This is E.J. owner of MO-Door and I just got your message that your having a problem with your garage door opener. Let me see if I can help you troubleshoot it and get it fixed." NO FREAKING WAY ON A DAMN SATURDAY NOT ONLY JUST A DUDE BUT THE OWNER OF THIS PRODUCT WAS CALLING ME TO FIX MY PROBLEM!!! That's customer service!!!

Come to find out after removing the 2 screws in the back of the unit and pulling the 2 halves apart, the dip switches are already in each slingshot unit!! E.J. stayed on the phone and also back and fourth through text message (due to a dropped call and him driving while helping me) and helped me get this amazing product working. Through his knowledge of the types of units of openers and the help from my front gate security setting the dip switches for me I had this up and running in just a little more time than expected but with the comfort that the owner was very relentless to help get my problem solved!

I will recommend to ALL my friends (slingshot or 2 wheels) to purchase one of these amazing products just based on the customer service alone! Yesterday I was at my dealer after my phone call with E.J.(because I got the bad news that recall parts WONT BE IN until February 9th! but that's a whole-nother thread!!) I informed them of this amazing and SUPER EASY to install, garage door opener to sell not only for the S/S but other bikes alike! They are very interested to say the least.

I just want to give a thanks and shout out here publicly to Owner of MO-Door, E.J. and also to @SlingMods for providing us with great products and great customer service. You folks are truly appreciated (and I'll loyally keep shoveling you money for that!)

For anyone on the fence about purchasing this item or any others, just know one thing, you can definitely buy with confidence from these folks and know that if at all else you will be taken care of by way of excellent customer service should you have a "hiccup" through your install or using experience.

Jonathan

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought one also and it is absolutely great! It is programmed and ready to go......I live near Erie PA and only the base model came in so far. Mine is near I hear!! :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
With all of the negative feelings etc going around here. I LOVE seeing things like this!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Styln, same exact thing happened to me only been playing phone rage with EJ, g. Door piece of cake but the gate is another monster in its self. I have the dips lined up but still doesn't work. Oh look, EJ's calling as I'm writing, and on a Sunday afternoon at that! EJ will be worth billions one day if he keeps it up!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats wrong with carrying a clicker? That would not be one of first purchases.
Its a hassle and just one more thing to lose when not mounted to the SS. Also where i work NO electronics of anykind are allowed there for leaving a clicker in my ride that's not mounted is a drag. I could go on and on with reasons but to each there own.....for me it was worth the 120$! ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Its a hassle and just one more thing to lose when not mounted to the SS. Also where i work NO electronics of anykind are allowed there for leaving a clicker in my ride that's not mounted is a drag. I could go on and on with reasons but to each there own.....for me it was worth the 120$! ;)
Im trying to sell my busa lol so i can get a slingshot.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im trying to sell my busa lol so i can get a slingshot.
WHAT!!!! its not that exciting!! I like my SS ALOT but I love my busa forever!!! Sale a kid or your car or your wife/girl friend but not your BUSA!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
WHAT!!!! its not that exciting!! I like my SS ALOT but I love my busa forever!!! Sale a kid or your car or your wife/girl friend but not your BUSA!!
Yeah i dont want two "motorcycles". I wanna take the money i get from my busa and put a down payment or start customizing the ss. That busa is trouble for me. Its too hard to go slow.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i dont want two "motorcycles". I wanna take the money i get from my busa and put a down payment or start customizing the ss. That busa is trouble for me. Its too hard to go slow.
Yes you are completely right about the too hard to go slow! PM me some info on your busa....I have a buddy who is a SO and has always been interested in a busa.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What is this thing you speak of? Is there a lnky thingy or something? A $100 button to open a garage requires more info to see what all the silliness is about!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes you are completely right about the too hard to go slow! PM me some info on your busa....I have a buddy who is a SO and has always been interested in a busa.
I live in ga. Its a 08 12000 miles somewhere around there I don't hardly ride. Chrome rims Chrome swing arm, Full yoshi r22 exhaust. power commander a couple of other small chrome parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is this thing you speak of? Is there a lnky thingy or something? A $100 button to open a garage requires more info to see what all the silliness is about!!
http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/in-dash-garage-door-opener-for-your-slingshot-available-now.2648/

Here you go boomerang! Its really worth it to me!!

I live in ga. Its a 08 12000 miles somewhere around there I don't hardly ride. Chrome rims Chrome swing arm, Full yoshi r22 exhaust. power commander a couple of other small chrome parts.

Ohhh thats pretty!! First year of the new body style!! I like it....almost bought a 2013 LE with 8 miles on it before i got my SS!

·
Vendor
2,226 Posts
Hello Jonathan, thanks for the great write-up. I was sweating bullets the first half of your review then smiling the second half. haha. Yes.. E.J. is a great guy to be partnered with. The system will work with 99% of all garage doors manufactured after 1995. The dip-switch gate systems are a bit more tricky. After speaking with E.J., he said that not all Electronic Gates will work with the Mo-Door System..but is available to help customers with the tricky dip switch systems by phone. I'm glad your experience was positive & thanks again for the great feedback.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Whats wrong with carrying a clicker? That would not be one of first purchases.
I'm thinking the same thing. At first I wanted the garage opener and the keyless fob. I don't really NEED these things. I will put that $500 towards a wrap. I NEED it. Not really a red or grey fan. Maybe if it were a different tone of grey. I almost said shade. F the hype surrounding that movie.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts