Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've adjusted the mirrors on the passenger side and the driver's side as far in as the glass will go, but I still can't see behind me very well. The passenger side isn't too bad, but the drivers side is pointing WAY out to the left. I have to lean my head out of the SS to see what's behind me in the mirror.

Can I just loosen the bolt on the mirror arm and re-adjust the entire arm?

Also, driver's said mirror shakes pretty bad and makes it hard to see out of. Should I just get dealer to replace that or fix it when I take it in for the 500 mile service (I'm at 100 miles right now).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi GSlings!
Yes, to adjust the mirrors you will have to loosen the bolt and move the entire arm. I suggest doing with with someone else. Sit in the drivers seat and have them move the mirror.
There have been a lot of complaints about the driver's sit mirror shaking. To this point, I'm not sure if anyone has gotten a solid fix for it yet...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Since it's a common issue, I think I'll just wedge something in behind the glass until there is a real fix for it. I may take a bit of clear silicone and let it half dry, make a ball with it and wedge it in there or something.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
The blind spot mirrors at walmart work great and match the SS shape for a couple bucks. I have found when driving the Twist SS with the top mounted it moves the mirrors away from the SS an inch and makes a big difference in using the mirrors. Need to have spacers made to fit behind the mirror mounts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes.. adjust the bolt on the body and just move the arm in and out as needed.. retighten and be amazed at how much better you can see when attempting to actually adjust the mirror glass after. Just make sure you do them symmetrically though so it doesn't look wonky from the front or rear if one is way in and one is way out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi GSlings!
Yes, to adjust the mirrors you will have to loosen the bolt and move the entire arm. I suggest doing with with someone else. Sit in the drivers seat and have them move the mirror.
There have been a lot of complaints about the driver's sit mirror shaking. To this point, I'm not sure if anyone has gotten a solid fix for it yet...
Do you happen to know what size socket is needed to adjust the mirror arm? Ive tried a 14 and 15 MM with no luck. I appear to need something in the middle. But not sure what size. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Square up mirror in the housing, loosen the bolt (1/2"socket) pull or push the whole housing until you barely see the rear of the body on the inside of the mirror, tighten bolt. Then adjust mirror itself for final adjustment. I had to share this with the dealer, he was having the same problem and had not thought to move the whole assembly first. I hope this works for you.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Square up mirror in the housing, loosen the bolt (1/2"socket) pull or push the whole housing until you barely see the rear of the body on the inside of the mirror, tighten bolt. Then adjust mirror itself for final adjustment. I had to share this with the dealer, he was having the same problem and had not thought to move the whole assembly first. I hope this works for you.
Excellent information. Will give it a try.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
When choosing an auxiliary mirror, make sure you get one that is adjustable. I have the adjustable mirrors installed on my Ford Edge and have them aimed down so I can see the ground near my tires while backing up. The adjust-ability is nice to have.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes the mirrors are adjustable with the 13mm bolt. Yes I use a stickon rotating mirror. Yes my driver side mirror shake so bad I can't see out of it, so I put removable window caulk between mirror and housing. Can't really see it and it stopped most of the vibration. I also made a bracket to mount a standard rear view mirror, see my other post.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I followed the adjustment procedure today and put on adjustable spot mirrors. Just took the scoot for a test run. Adjustable spot mirrors are the ticket for seeing the back of the ride and most importantly, eliminated blind spots on both sides of the ride. Didn't impact the vibrating driver's side mirror. But have figured out how to reduce it somewhat.

Thanks Funcycle for your helpful tip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gslings, I installed a couple of small, adjustable blind spot mirrors to my SS. These work great for me, really open up the rear view and for $4 worth a look see.

Amazon.com: Fit System C0400 Driver Passenger Side Stick-On Adjustable Blind Spot Mirrors – Pack of 2, other: Automotive

A couple folks on the forum have also installed center rear view mirrors so you may want to check the posts around that topic.
I've adjusted the mirrors on the passenger side and the driver's side as far in as the glass will go, but I still can't see behind me very well. The passenger side isn't too bad, but the drivers side is pointing WAY out to the left. I have to lean my head out of the SS to see what's behind me in the mirror.

Can I just loosen the bolt on the mirror arm and re-adjust the entire arm?

Also, driver's said mirror shakes pretty bad and makes it hard to see out of. Should I just get dealer to replace that or fix it when I take it in for the 500 mile service (I'm at 100 miles right now).
This should do the trick

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
79 Posts
after nearly running over a uniform patrol car i junked the stock mirrors. i have a tube top roof and opted for utv mirrors. now i can see.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
This should be the only blind spot while using just the outside mirrors.

P1120053.JPG P1120055.JPG

Not even a tailgating motorcycle can hide here, and if you are backing up the cam will take care of even this blind area.

The addition of simple inexpensive blind spot mirrors will widen your view to almost directly beside you.

Vibrating Mirror Fix.JPG

Of course, you always have the old fashioned method of looking over your shoulder for traffic.

Oh, and that lil section of 3/8 inch fuel hose split lengthwise and attached to the mirror glass will stop the driver's side mirror vibration.

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts