Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To remove either mirror housing, you have to remove the mirror glass. It is held in with double sided tape.
You have to heat the glass and insert PLASTIC picks and slowly heat the mirror till it comes off. Inside you will find in the center a #2 square drive screw remove it and remove the mirror movable base.
You can clean the back and apply Silicone grease. If you want to totally remove the mirror take off the two bolts holding it in to the bracket, You can paint it if you want or anything else. Get double sided THIN tape to replace.
You can also get a Convex mirror at auto parts store and use a BELT sander to cut it to size and install it with the same tape.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fastest of them all!!
Now you cans see me passing you:p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the bolts out first that hold the mirror on to the bracket. i wanted to remove the mirror to see how it comes apart. You don't have to do that. You can remove them after you remove the center square screw.
IMG_2833[1].jpg
IMG_2834[1].jpg
IMG_2833[1].jpg
IMG_2836[1].jpg
IMG_2837[1].jpg
IMG_2838[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Mirror is glass and take you time to remove it as not to crack it. It is double sided mirror, so they can use it on the right or left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts