Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With everyone wanting add on features for Slingshot they could buy an Enzo reverse Trike in TX. Many proven options and in the same $ ballpark.. Check it out and then comment..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Faster but smaller. Also this look has been around for some time.
image.jpg

·
Registered
776 Posts
With everyone wanting add on features for Slingshot they could buy an Enzo reverse Trike in TX. Many proven options and in the same $ ballpark.. Check it out and then comment..
I just took a look at the Enzo web site . Wow, they look nice. More along the lines of a T-Rex. I like the price. But I just dont think I would fit in one very well. They do look really nice though !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
.. Wow.. The Gullwing doors option would stop the dog from leaning in and biting me.. LOL.. Talking g about Enzo Trike..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those look like a good substitute for the SS, especially if Polaris doesnt get off their azz and get the bugs worked out of the SS and get them shipped to the customers.
I like the fact that the Enzo has the capability of being closed up with doors for those long cold winter months down here in FL, LOL

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Cool T-Rex clones. It starts at 24k for the full build.

I'd still rather have the SS. Not that there's anything wrong with the busa engine (I have one.) I prefer the maintenance intervals, power delivery and the potential of the 2.4 (Not going to debate potential and aftermarket support for the motorcycle engine, just stating my preference for the Slingshot.)

Plus, I prefer having a larger dealer network.

That said, they're pretty damn cool.:) I'd buy one over a T-Rex

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Dang! I was wrong about the SS not having any competition! Gotta go look at the website, that is SxS seating for two?

Think I might like the SS for casual cruising with GF but this has me thinking about what to do with what was left over in the toy fund after choosing the SS instead of an M4.

Did somebody say Busa engine? Gotta go surf over to their site now...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You just lost me Polaris. Maybe not as a customer (assuming it ever gets here) but my heart belongs to Enzo. My first long SS ride will be to Texas to check this out. If they have a better 'reverse gear solution' than the kludgey thing on T-Rex, I'm sold.

Hot damn, Something to look forward to :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
You just lost me Polaris. Maybe not as a customer (assuming it ever gets here) but my heart belongs to Enzo. My first long SS ride will be to Texas to check this out. If they have a better 'reverse gear solution' than the kludgey thing on T-Rex, I'm sold.

Hot damn, Something to look forward to :)
Im hear you Otter. If I was 10 years younger , or 5-6 inches shorter. I would pull my SL deposit right NOW !!!!!! I think the Enzo is a better looking machine. I just dont think I could get in and out of it without a lot of effort . DARN !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I thought about one of these a couple years ago and actually called Travis to get the scoop. Couple of things I did not like:

I believe the engines they use are not new "crate" motors but are taken out of wrecked bikes or bikes purchased used. I also did not care for the frame design as the swingarm looked just a bit flimsy as well as the front a arms. I just don't think I would feel safe in one of those.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They had other body work styles if you don't dig the T-rex. I liked the 'F1' looking thing with the stubby wings myself.

A used Busa engine wouldn't bother me at all as long as it checked out OK. You can buy spares cheap too :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
All just a matter of taste. Since I first saw the sling shot I can't stop looking at pictures of them. Saw it in person and put down a deposit. I just checked out the enzo web site and it did nothing for me. They look fun, but ugly.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
They had other body work styles if you don't dig the T-rex. I liked the 'F1' looking thing with the stubby wings myself.

A used Busa engine wouldn't bother me at all as long as it checked out OK. You can buy spares cheap too :)
I know it's opinion, and I prefer the SS........But I've never had a better engine than the 1340. It's been one of my favorites. Very durable/reliable and powerful as all get-out. Of all my bikes, it's the only one that the valves have never been out of spec. It has great aftermarket support and like you said, spares are relatively cheap......So Otter, you're going to have an SS, the Enzo, and Whatthe........You'll have to do a video shoot-out for us. :D:D

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
All just a matter of taste. Since I first saw the sling shot I can't stop looking at pictures of them. Saw it in person and put down a deposit. I just checked out the enzo web site and it did nothing for me. They look fun, but ugly.
Funny how taste works. I was 'sold' on the SS based on a written description. When I first saw the SS pictures I thought it was too angular, too much like an F117 Nighthawk. It has grown on me a bit but I still want to rip its cloths off.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts