Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Edwards Motorsports in C.B., IA., Saturday am because they called me and said they had two. When I got there they said both were sold. OK, no prob. I asked what price, shipping, and any other add on price were they charging. I thought that question was in line. He said that was between the buyer and them. WOW, you won't tell me what you charge. I didn't care what the buyers deal were. He said it was going to be market value, that he didn't think they would be getting more soon. I said, base 19,999 and SL 23,999 right. He said the market value would be the price. I said, $%&^&*&^%$$# and have a nice day. I will never go back to that place. He might as well said however I can F^&$ you the most is the price. JERK Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Laid down a 70' er.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Some of the dealers are starting to get weird over these thing's. It's winter I could see them flipping out if it was spring .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I stopped by Edwards saturday....they told me $1100 freight and $1100 prep. I told him they were crazy. His response-they get $3000 over MSRP in California. I left, no reason to remind him we were in C.B. Iowa. I bought a Ranger from them and I have tried to buy a Bike and Cadillac. I will not go back there, I have given them many chances to sell to me.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
We need a "Dealer Hall of Shame" thread. It should be right up front and visible to all visitors and members so people know who to stay away from in each state. Every dealer has a right to make money but greed, and or lack of service, is another matter all together.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
We need a "Dealer Hall of Shame" thread. It should be right up front and visible to all visitors and members so people know who to stay away from in each state. Every dealer has a right to make money but greed, and or lack of service, is another matter all together.
Yep, and another for dealers who treated us right.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Admins should pin it to the top of the home page and maybe it's own tab/page filled with search engine keywords.

·
2,333 Posts
Ordered our SL Saturday and paid (per signed sales contract) MSRP + tax and title. No prep, no freight, no extra charges. Paying cash but that would not have mattered, it was the same deal if I had a trade or was financing. My dealer does the same with all of his other Polaris products as well as Victory.

http://www.bestbuypolaris.com/

·
Registered
513 Posts
One dealer whom I have purchased several bikes quoted $1600 for the setup and $9xx for shipping. Never got an update even the day they got the SS's delivered because I was #2 and they were keeping one as demo.

Another dealership whom I have never done business called me and notified me of the expected date of delivery (they had a list of people who were interested) . I didn't even had deposit with them. the first buyer backed out of the deal so I got the SL from them instead. They only charged me the MSRP and shipping. I would be pissed to pay $2200 "set up fee" and discover the problems myself. Coolant was topped off when I left the dealer but when I got home the level went down. I was told that is normal for the new vehicles and just add more fluid. Someone in the forum mentioned the leaking coolant.... I will keep an eye out for the leaking coolant....

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I stopped by Edwards saturday....they told me $1100 freight and $1100 prep. I told him they were crazy. His response-they get $3000 over MSRP in California. I left, no reason to remind him we were in C.B. Iowa. I bought a Ranger from them and I have tried to buy a Bike and Cadillac. I will not go back there, I have given them many chances to sell to me.
Fire5
It will be interesting to see what the charges will be on the next one they get. I WILL follow up and see how bad they will attempt to screw somebody. Polaris will need to know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts