Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a good idea to add to this site a Gallery of pictures of our members, with photos close enough so that members might recognize one another at a gathering like Slingshots in the Mountains, versus some of our current photos that include a wide angle shot that shows both their Slingshot and the surrounding scenery? Perhaps just a head and shoulders shot, with no visor hiding the face? We did this on a guitar forum, and it proved to be the handiest way to recognize fellow forumites at a gathering. Completely voluntary, of course, rather than required. Might be fun!

·
Registered
683 Posts
good luck getting the admins to do anything around here... they just want the cash flow from the advertising... when's the last time you saw them post?

Better off getting Rab to do this over on the other site, he listens :)

·
Administrator
77 Posts
Would it be a good idea to add to this site a Gallery of pictures of our members, with photos close enough so that members might recognize one another at a gathering like Slingshots in the Mountains, versus some of our current photos that include a wide angle shot that shows both their Slingshot and the surrounding scenery? Perhaps just a head and shoulders shot, with no visor hiding the face? We did this on a guitar forum, and it proved to be the handiest way to recognize fellow forumites at a gathering. Completely voluntary, of course, rather than required. Might be fun!
This is all up to users and if they want to do this. You can start a thread and have users post recognizable photos with slingshots.

good luck getting the admins to do anything around here... they just want the cash flow from the advertising... when's the last time you saw them post?
Better off getting Rab to do this over on the other site, he listens :)
Ahem... you talk about me like I am not here? :)

-Philip

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is all up to users and if they want to do this. You can start a thread and have users post recognizable photos with slingshots.

Ahem... you talk about me like I am not here? :)

-Philip
Yes, Philip. I realize we could start a new thread, and I appreciate that ability. But the vast majority of threads disappear in short order. If it goes for 3 or 4 days without someone adding a new photo, it will be buried in less than a week. I'm wondering if it might be a better idea to make it one of our sub-forums, like Slingshot Racing or Slingshot vs. the Competition. I would imagine that we would far surpass the number of replies in those forums in less than a month. It would likely appeal to a good percentage of our Polaris Slingshot Forum members, where relatively few of us venture into racing or A/B comparisons with Vanderhalls or Spyders. Just a suggestion, of course, but I think it's worth considering, at least.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever seems best to you is fine by me, Philip. I just think this would make for more comradery at various Slingshot gatherings, based on our participation here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts