Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to pickup a 2018 Momentum White SS Icon and want to know if anyone has had problems with matte on any SS in general. Also what are people doing to take care of any matte colors. I know years ago it was a pain in the ass, not sure about these days.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I’m about to pickup a 2018 Momentum White SS Icon and want to know if anyone has had problems with matte on any SS in general. Also what are people doing to take care of any matte colors. I know years ago it was a pain in the ass, not sure about these days.
Are you talking about the black? If so, we use Lemon Pledge, in fact, we use Pledge on the whole machine, including the wind screen.

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, there is an “icon SL” for 2018. It isn’t on Polaris’s website though, but that’s the one. Does bird poo or anything bake into it?

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I assume you are referring tot he black accent panels on the hood. I use Turtle Wax Ice car wash and it leaves the matte black portions of the Slingshot lloking brand new with a nice subdued black color. Turtle Wax

·
2,326 Posts

It's Monument White ....

upload_2018-5-29_19-14-32.png

2018 Slingshot Slingshot SL Icon Series

Not positive about Polaris but most modern "matte" paints are a regular color coat with a matte clear .... I have had both a Ducati and Triumph with a matte finish done this way and just used a wax free detail spray that had a water repellent and never had a problem with staining or embedded dirt. Other than being nearly impossible to repair nicks and chips without being noticeable (since you can't use compound or wet sanding to blend ) I never had a problem ..... with its popularity most touch up vendors, like Color Rite, have small quantity matte clear touch up .....

...... :bag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts