Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people have them? Do they do anything? I have noticed a number of times where the brake pedal did not seem as solid as it should have been. I had been pushing the brakes kid of hard so I just thought it was brake fade.
Are the braces worth the money?

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you are double pumping, it is a flaw from the factory. You can get it fixed for free. Stock brakes in proper condition are outstanding. Many swear by a brace and hawk pads. Not my place to disagree. But make sure your your baseline is correct.

And, if you are a double pumper, the brace won't fix it...

Sent from my brain using an iPad

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Our original response:

Just wondering how many people have them? Do they do anything? I have noticed a number of times where the brake pedal did not seem as solid as it should have been. I had been pushing the brakes kid of hard so I just thought it was brake fade.
Honestly, IOP, if your brake system is operating correctly, there is no need for an additional brace.

Bill

(Short, sweet, to the point?)

wjfyfe,

Your actions in this message (Master cylinder brace.) are not appropriate:

We do not allow users to "troll"--this does not follow our rules. Your message has been removed.

You have displayed a constant negative attitude toward aftermarket modifications. Please make your posts useful or constructive instead of drive-by cheap-shots.

Your account's access may be limited in the future if you continue these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

-WI_Hegehog
OK, please allow me to rephrase our response and I will answer the poster's questions directly:

Do they do anything? We installed a temporary brace into our SlingShot just to see if there would be any difference before opting to purchase a more expensive one, we found no noticeable difference in brake response so we opted to not purchase a brace.

I have noticed a number of times where the brake pedal did not seem as solid as it should have been. That may be possible, depending on other brakes you have become accustomed to. We have found the brakes on our Slingshot comparable to our other vehicles without power assisted brakes.

Are the braces worth the money? In our opinion, the short and simple answer is no. But, to hopefully satisfy the moderator(s), if you are looking to improve your braking system, we do not believe that adding a brace is the solution. Assuring that your brakes have been properly bled and otherwise in good working order should be your first priority.

Our post was followed by this one:

If you are double pumping, it is a flaw from the factory. You can get it fixed for free. Stock brakes in proper condition are outstanding. Many swear by a brace and hawk pads. Not my place to disagree. But make sure your your baseline is correct.

And, if you are a double pumper, the brace won't fix it...

Agreed!

Whew!!

Bill

·
Registered
555 Posts
My words are true. I have backup on that if necessary. @DocG is a start. More if necessary.

Search for the thread mushy brakes fixed. Ignore the dim bulbs that did not go to the dealer. Stock brakes should be and can be awesome. Snap your neck awesome.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
@Grizz272 you can't go wrong with this brace!
If you have someone push on the brake pedal while you look at the master cylinder you'll see how much it flexes, for $130 it's a good investment

image.png

·
Registered
259 Posts
I also installed the alpha brace and hawk pads, made a big difference to me, well worth doing , much better brake feel

·
Registered
555 Posts
I repeat, stock brakes should be very good. If not, fuss at your dealer.

Now, I have had the DharmaB brake demo. Next best thing would be a catch cable like on an aircraft carrier. As best as I can remember, as I was mostly focused on breathing. He can stop on 1/2 a dime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts