Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

MaddMoe 17 Base model build

23K views 166 replies 17 participants last post by  ConnMan 
#1 ·
Just brought a Brand new 17 Base model & rode it home yesterday in the rain ( with my Harley rain gear :wideyed: ) said i was just going to wash it when i got home and watch some football, WELL that happened but somehow i found myself tearing shyt off already , SO let the MODS begin......

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: "The Ghost"
#2 ·
so yesterday i debadged everything i could find on it, today im watching football again but back doing some electrical work, for starters installing my own garage door button

Attachments

#4 ·
Funny how we are all different - you see I like having the brand on the SS - one reason I do not want to replace the stock steering wheel which has the SS emblem with the sparco or different one. I did replace the shift lever and boot (red stiching)

Welcome to the SS family - you are more "handy" then me - for my garage door opener I just took a spare one and used 3m two sided tape to secure it to by the driver side seat It works, but your solution will be cleaner - I guess you using one of the available switches

Enjoy the SS

#6 · (Edited)
So i got to finish my garage door button & while i was at it i installed the Digital Guard Dawg remote start (im not carrying no keys) Key fob is enough for me.........Mark my words the day is coming where everything will operate from your cell, you wont need keys or key fobs

Attachments

#7 ·
So i got to finish my garage door button & while i was at it i installed the Digital Guard Dawg remote start (im not carrying no keys) Key fob is enough for me.........Mark my words the day is coming where everything while operate from your cell, you wont need keys or key fobs
Going to be tuff on those of us who have 'flip' phones.....

#8 ·
So i have a few other items im throwing on for now like....

Oh and me being from NY its customary for me to have my Air Horns.... I want to be heard not laughed at......you wouldnt believe the stories i could tell you about what people do while driving

Attachments

#10 ·
So got around to installing the Canadian Headlight Conversion kit & the TriLED Wiring harness to cut my headlights off, getting it ready for my Halo & RGB LED lights...and also waiting for my new LED bulbs for all the front lights

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
Just a couple of small items today...NRG E-Brake Replacement Handle, Status Racing Marine Vinyl E-Brake Boot ( Blue Stitch ), Status Racing Marine Vinyl Shift Boot ( Blue Stitch ) & DDMWorks Short Throw Shifter

Attachments

#22 ·
Now since the majority of all my riding is done i would say in the evenings, This is what to me has to be correct LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS, oh and some RGB LEDs also, those are coming soon...............TricLED Angel Eyes / Halo LED Headlight Kit , TricLED SpoilerBladez DRL w/ Optional Blinker Module & TricLED Upper Brow LED Dual Color Switchbacks w/ Blinker Module

Attachments

Reactions: Mr Kevin
#23 ·
So i had some Amber LED strips with black background laying around and i knew i wanted some light behind my mirrors , wired to my turn signal / blinkers

Attachments

#24 ·
Well today since im stuck in my man cave due to this blistering weather here in NY & UPS delivered a package ( Havent seen The Mail person in 2 days SMFH ) , i had something to occupy my time , Thanks UPS...........anyway my Silver wheel rings came today for my RGB LED strips, i painted the rings black & added my own strips, now just waiting for my shocks so i can add everything at once

Attachments

#27 ·
Well I couldnt take that plain silver Valve cover, it just wasnt working for me, if it was black i could have lived with it BUT since i had some BLUE G2 Caliper paint for my calipers & its the same as the G2 engine paint, ill give it a try and order another G2 kit for my calipers to match

Attachments

#28 ·
So today was another football & tear it apart day..........Nothing like tearing something apart while watching football....so i got my valve cover back on, decided to install my 1320 (ver 2) header & found a brand new set of BLUE air horns i had laying around my garage , so they replaced my red set...

Attachments

#29 ·
So heres a few more pics of my weekend while watching football of course.............Got aorund to painting my calipers same color as my valve cover, added new Shocks & the 3 ring set from Underground Autostyling for my LEDs

Attachments

#30 ·
And these are my RGB LEDs along with the TricLEDs Halo rings, placed in the footwells, wheels and of course my cup holders. I always light up my cup holders in my cars and on my Harley, since i love water why not let the bottle glow...

Attachments

#32 ·
Installed an Assualt Steering wheel, BLUE of course & replace my curb sensors with black ones, They didnt have blue ones ( Just Joking )......This weekend im upgrading my Alternator to 240 Amps in preparation of my sound system i plan on installing soon

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
Well since ive been waiting on items ( that havent arrive yet ) so i could start swapping out my alternator & battery...I figured I would go ahead and start adding some other items that i have waiting to get installed like 2 new switches, Front JL audio kicker pods, Pioneer Avic 8200NEX , Polaris OEM rear camera ( I customed wired it up to a switch where i can control when i want to use my rear camera NOT on my reverse circuit )....

Attachments

#34 ·
Well since ive been waiting on items ( that havent arrive yet ) so i could start swapping out my alternator & battery...I figured I would go ahead and start adding some other items that i have waiting to get installed like 2 new switches, Front JL audio kicker pods, Pioneer Avic 8100NEX , Polaris OEM rear camera ( I customed wired it up to a switch where i can control when i want to use my rear camera NOT on my reverse circuit )....
Would you be willing to share your rear camera wiring mod diagrams?

#35 ·
ok give me a day or two to finish up my wiring on my head unit and ill try and take some pics to better explain the wiring of the OEM rear camera

Reactions: Rider
#40 ·
My guess is that the WHITE wire im not using from the back of the camera is connected to the reverse signal with the stock headunit......meaning once your placed in reverse the signal is sent to the rear camera, i would cut that WHITE wire and then place it in reverse ( you shouldnt get a signal on your headunit)....then you would have to see if giving that white wire any power WHILE NOT in reverse will cause your back up lights to come on or anything else, if not then thats how you would proceed to wire up a OEM headunit.......Hope i made sense lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.