Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know from us folks that will be buying them, if you like the "branded' name on all the parts. For me, I prefer not to have the name of the manufacture blasted all over my wheel hubs or oil cap.
I appreciate all the hard work these guys are doing to get us aftermarket goods, and understand they want to promote them, but I don't want my slingshot to be a billboard. Our word of mouth will get them promoted!

Vendors, can you offer your goods without the writing on the parts, other than maybe just 'slingshot' or something.

How do others feel about this.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Well speaking as a customer and not SlingMods. I'm grateful innovative companies like Alpha & Hahn are putting their hard earned money on the line to build innovative US made products that nobody else is building. After speaking with Henry from Alpha for hours on the phone.. this man is investing tens of thousands of dollars because he believes in the success of the Slingshot even though there is no proven track record. In this day in age where the majority of products are made overseas.. I say "If it's made in the U.S.A. you put your name on it". That's something to be proud of. I think we should be encouraging these early SS product manufacturers if we wanna see more parts coming out ..not nitpicking because they want to take credit for their innovation.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slingmods, Appreciate your input, and maybe to clarify, its the little things I don't think we need names on, like wheel hubs, or the oil cap.

by all means, the BIG items, such as turbo, exhaust, yes I am all for those, because as you say, they have huge investments in the research and development, and their name should be proudly displayed.

Maybe "mods' was not the proper word, I should have mentioned them as replacement parts or accessories and such

·
Vendor
118 Posts
So just to clarify... You're not all about slapping stickers you got from each part on your car along the door like a stock car?!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That's a very good question and something I've thought about. We chose to brand our products because its a new company for the slingshot. If we didn't brand our parts we would be just making generic parts. With manufacturing copies will be made from China or even stateside. It would be easy to someone else to copy a one of our products and put there name on it. But if we brand everything it will be hard for someone else to take credit.
Would you buy a Rolex if it did't say Rolex on it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
This is a running bone of contention on every car forum and other things (i.e., musical instruments).

We saw it a lot in the Lotus community too. I've just come to the realization that it comes with the territory. Small accessory shops need to get their name out there.

As long as its not that 'angled decal' crap that all the kids do on their riced out Civics.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a very good question and something I've thought about. We chose to brand our products because its a new company for the slingshot. If we didn't brand our parts we would be just making generic parts. With manufacturing copies will be made from China or even stateside. It would be easy to someone else to copy a one of our products and put there name on it. But if we brand everything it will be hard for someone else to take credit.
Turbo, to answer you question, no I would not--photo attached, and I agree with you too as for as the"mods'

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
To me, as long as the "brand" and the product looks good, I like it. To me it says the person who bought it didn't want just a 'stock' or generic brand, they wanted something better. I would hope any manufacture who is proud of their product would "brand" it.....but what do I know, I'm just the end-user....

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Turbo, if you want free advertising on the west coast, I volunteer my Slingshot to wear all your pretty jewelry with Alpha plastered all over it. Just send it to me and consider it done! :D

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I like and appreciate the name of proud manufacture on each product.

With that being said, I really hope that each manufacture makes sure that their name looks appealing/tasteful on the product. Sometimes manufactures get a little over board on how big or catchy their name is and it overpowers that greatness of the product.

For examples: Have you ever seen realy nice Forgatio (maybe spelt wrong) wheels with their HUGE name of the whole 6inch lip of the wheel. Such an awesome wheel ruined by their logo plastered on the side in a aggressive fashion.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I do appreciate all the hard work,time and money vendors do put up to invest in their ventures, so this is in no way a negative towards any products you guys sell. I will be buying many items for myself.
Paul is entitled to his opinion on what he thinks is good looking for his ride as I am for mine. I happen to agree with him on an item that is red anodized and then white lettering all over it. Leave the name but lose the bold white lettering for me.

Would you buy a Rolex and put a new band on it that had bold white letters that said Citizen?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do appreciate all the hard work,time and money vendors do put up to invest in their ventures, so this is in no way a negative towards any products you guys sell. I will be buying many items for myself.
Paul is entitled to his opinion on what he thinks is good looking for his ride as I am for mine. I happen to agree with him on an item that is red anodized and then white lettering all over it. Leave the name but lose the bold white lettering for me.

Would you buy a Rolex and put a new band on it that had bold white letters that said Citizen?
Bingo!! Wingshot realizes one of the items I was referring to, just didn't want to name anyone's parts. Honestly, on that part there, I said to myself, I'm buying these, just wish it didn't have the white lettering on it. and as he said, in no way a knock on anybody's parts, I love the fact you guys are bringing products to market, but honestly, offering options will always increase sales.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Not that we're doing it, but the first people to take home their SS from a dealership that slapped a dealer logo on the rear fender is probably going to take their blow-dryer to it in an effort to peel it off.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I agree, especially items like the lug nuts, I don't want to be a rolling billboard.

I don't mind a logo if it's engraved and the same color as the part.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I agree, especially items like the lug nuts, I don't want to be a rolling billboard.

I don't mind a logo if it's engraved and the same color as the part.
Logo's placed on the side of a lug nut in my opinion are a perfect placement, you're not going to even see it once installed.

Slingshot Wheel.jpg

·
Registered
619 Posts

My Citizen has a bold white Rolex logo band on it. Hopin' someone will notice!

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Well speaking as a customer and not SlingMods. I'm grateful innovative companies like Alpha & Hahn are putting their hard earned money on the line to build innovative US made products that nobody else is building. After speaking with Henry from Alpha for hours on the phone.. this man is investing tens of thousands of dollars because he believes in the success of the Slingshot even though there is no proven track record. In this day in age where the majority of products are made overseas.. I say "If it's made in the U.S.A. you put your name on it". That's something to be proud of. I think we should be encouraging these early SS product manufacturers if we wanna see more parts coming out ..not nitpicking because they want to take credit for their innovation.
It's a dog eat sling (no pictures please) world. I'm very encouraged by all of the innovation. Watching the Sing development was exactly what I did for the US military for decades, but not both sides of the swamp. I just had a bigger wallet previously.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts