Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did we loose another SlingShot dealer, I was just looking at the closest dealers and I see that Mt. Hood Polaris is no longer listed?

Bill

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was commenting that if the dealers nearby you are closing, you will have to travel longer distances to get service if you were using a Polaris dealer.
We're down to only three dealers now in Oregon and if we chose to chase dealers as they close we just may wind up in New Jersey, and you have already let us know what you think about living there! :eek:

Bill

·
Registered
251 Posts
Where I am at there is a dealer with 2 locations. One in Ky and the other in Indiana. However, they are only about 40 miles apart. The one in KY dropped Polaris slingshot the one in Indy is still a dealer - this is the one closer to me. The one in KY might have dropped because there is another dealer in KY about 30 miles away in barstown ky.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We're down to only three dealers now in Oregon and if we chose to chase dealers as they close we just may wind up in New Jersey, and you have already let us know what you think about living there! :eek:

Bill
I would never advise anyone to move to this tax crazy state. All I know is that if you can survive in NJ you could live anywhere in the USA and live better too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
...being FAR from NJ? ;)
NJ is diverse and is located between Philadelphia and NYC so you get the both of best worlds usually within one hour travel. We are the most densely populated state in the nation and we actually do have lots of greenery and yes, gardens too hence the Garden State. Our women usually have teeth in their mouth, shave and shower too. Lots of beautiful women here from every ethnic group. Our animals are treated better than most people and are well groomed too. On the down side, our insurance rates are the worse in the nation and property taxes are as well. Property values are above average for the nation and so is earnings. The problem is, people who retire have to work just to maintain. I figured this out long ago, if you can survive in NJ economically, you can survive anywhere in thew world. Why do we stay? Hmmm, I can't figure that one out yet.

·
Registered
753 Posts
NJ is diverse and is located between Philadelphia and NYC so you get the both of best worlds usually within one hour travel. We are the most densely populated state in the nation and we actually do have lots of greenery and yes, gardens too hence the Garden State. Our women usually have teeth in their mouth, shave and shower too. Lots of beautiful women here from every ethnic group. Our animals are treated better than most people and are well groomed too. On the down side, our insurance rates are the worse in the nation and property taxes are as well. Property values are above average for the nation and so is earnings. The problem is, people who retire have to work just to maintain. I figured this out long ago, if you can survive in NJ economically, you can survive anywhere in thew world. Why do we stay? Hmmm, I can't figure that one out yet.
Nothing but fond memories during the 60's and 70's. Pizza, Tomato Pie, bagels, hot dog stands (a good chance you could also "play the numbers or put in a sports or horse bet while ordering your "dog", easy to find all weekend card and craps games, a square of Neapolitan Ice Cream sandwiched between 2 hot waffles, the smell of Sausage, Peppers and Onions cooking on the Jersey Shore Board Walks, Taylor Ham or Pork Roll like the Southerners call it, All Italian food. Going to a diner or White Castle after the bars closed. "Fell Off the Truck" merchandise discounts if you knew the right people. Remember being one of the first in the neighborhood to get a color TV, very inexpensive and included pizza truck delivery. Palisades Amusement Park. Next to NYC where I could get served in a bar at 16 years old (legal was 18). Creeks use to freeze and played pond hockey in the meadowlands during the winter.

But then it was "blue collar", now I hear it's been Gentrified and lost much of it's charm.
Fugetaboutit

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nothing but fond memories during the 60's and 70's. Pizza, Tomato Pie, bagels, hot dog stands (a good chance you could also "play the numbers or put in a sports or horse bet while ordering your "dog", easy to find all weekend card and craps games, a square of Neapolitan Ice Cream sandwiched between 2 hot waffles, the smell of Sausage, Peppers and Onions cooking on the Jersey Shore Board Walks, Taylor Ham or Pork Roll like the Southerners call it, All Italian food. Going to a diner or White Castle after the bars closed. "Fell Off the Truck" merchandise discounts if you knew the right people. Remember being one of the first in the neighborhood to get a color TV, very inexpensive and included pizza truck delivery. Palisades Amusement Park. Next to NYC where I could get served in a bar at 16 years old (legal was 18). Creeks use to freeze and played pond hockey in the meadowlands during the winter.

But then it was "blue collar", now I hear it's been Gentrified and lost much of it's charm.
The shore area still has the same food. White Castle has more locations then in the sixties. Those trucks from the ports still have an issue with the doors swinging open. I remember getting my first color TV in 1968-69 it was a 19 inch Philco Ford on a swivel stand with push buttons. Didn't have to use the pliers anymore. Palisades has been replaced with Great Adventure and memories from the times I went to Palisades, Olympic Park and Coney Island seemed much better than Great Adventure. The creeks, ponds and rivers do not freeze here anymore. Mostly, we get one big snow storm that lasts one day and usually is gone in a couple of days. Our winters average low 40 to 55 degrees. Drinking, yeah these kids are drinking in the 8th grade and they do Jack Daniels straight.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The shore area still has the same food. White Castle has more locations then in the sixties. Those trucks from the ports still have an issue with the doors swinging open. I remember getting my first color TV in 1968-69 it was a 19 inch Philco Ford on a swivel stand with push buttons. Didn't have to use the pliers anymore. Palisades has been replaced with Great Adventure and memories from the times I went to Palisades, Olympic Park and Coney Island seemed much better than Great Adventure. The creeks, ponds and rivers do not freeze here anymore. Mostly, we get one big snow storm that lasts one day and usually is gone in a couple of days. Our winters average low 40 to 55 degrees. Drinking, yeah these kids are drinking in the 8th grade and they do Jack Daniels straight.
FUGETABOUTIT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts