Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face the facts. If your able to buy a slingshot you probably can buy anything you want. I know there are multiple options to choose from when it comes to a thrilling ride. I am going the Lotus route. You can purchase a used Lotus with a Honda engine and have a heart stopping toy for 30,000.00. http://m.ebay.com/itm/271635447030?nav=SEARCH

IF POLARIS HAS ANYONE WATCHING THIS FORUM PLEASE TAKE NOTE. your causing buyers to buy with a bad attitude. And I really think some will drop out of their purchase. MAN UP and have an employee create an account here and give a FACTUAL update. CanAm has an account on the Spyder forum. Please don't tell me that no one at Polaris is computer literate. This dream of an "all at once" delivery is going to bite you in the ass. A customer that has had to wait and wait for a product will expect absolute perfection. And I doubt that will happen. I wouldn't expect perfection normally. STUFF HAPPENS! Your setting yourself up to a ton of real world bad reviews if even the slightest problems occur. You have this opportunity right here to give some exact and factual info. Ill go on record and stay in the game and I'm sure others will if someone authorized from Polaris post here and gives an update that has some definitive info on when we can put BUTT TO SEAT.

Sent using my fat thumbs via Taptalk App.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know someone on this forum knows someone at Polaris that can respond. Or at least print this and get it to someone that has the power to reply. If you do know that special someone print this out and get it to them. I can't see how they could read it and not feel compelled to reply.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Lets face the facts. If your able to buy a slingshot you probably can buy anything you want. I know there are multiple options to choose from when it comes to a thrilling ride. I am going the Lotus route. You can purchase a used Lotus with a Honda engine and have a heart stopping toy for 30,000.00. http://m.ebay.com/itm/271635447030?nav=SEARCH

IF POLARIS HAS ANYONE WATCHING THIS FORUM PLEASE TAKE NOTE. your causing buyers to buy with a bad attitude. And I really think some will drop out of their purchase. MAN UP and have an employee create an account here and give a FACTUAL update. CanAm has an account on the Spyder forum. Please don't tell me that no one at Polaris is computer literate. This dream of an "all at once" delivery is going to bite you in the ass. A customer that has had to wait and wait for a product will expect absolute perfection. And I doubt that will happen. I wouldn't expect perfection normally. STUFF HAPPENS! Your setting yourself up to a ton of real world bad reviews if even the slightest problems occur. You have this opportunity right here to give some exact and factual info. Ill go on record and stay in the game and I'm sure others will if someone authorized from Polaris post here and gives an update that has some definitive info on when we can put BUTT TO SEAT.

Uh, its a Toyota engine. Very fun car but Im not sure I would call it "heart stopping."
I owned one back in 2005 and was on a waiting list before the car was released. Lotus missed dead line after dead line and typical of British attitude would reply that the cars will be delivered when theyre delivered. So I know how you feel.
Again, figure out if you want a car or an SS.
Some years ago in the past, you had to wait to buy specialty items like Lotus, or Ferraris. They only had a couple on the lot for demos and you had to order one and wait if you wanted one. Granted, times have changed (Ferrari not so much) but until the product is actually released Id say hold tight.
Late October/November is what Ive been told from the start, so Polaris hasnt technically missed any dead lines to even explain itself for.
Sit tight my friend.

·
Registered
52 Posts

The Lotus Elise runs on a Toyota Celica engine that also is outdated.

But I give Polaris a break.
This is a completely different market for them, since they started making competitive motorcycles, too go against Harley Davidson.
Every " exotic" car maker has a waiting list, and talk too someone waiting to get there Tesla.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Problem isn't the wait it's lack of info. Vette orders can be tracked from before you know you VIN. In fact you know when your frame hits the line, subsequently you know took will have your number. From there it's easily tracked.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Problem isn't the wait it's lack of info. Vette orders can be tracked from before you know you VIN. In fact you know when your frame hits the line, subsequently you know took will have your number. From there it's easily tracked.
Yes but the car has been released. Again folks are comparing the ss to a car. Sheesh.
Lemme ask ya, I want to buy new Zo7, can they tell me when I will get it?
No, it hasnt been released yet.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I typed the wrong engine. But my point is you can have a toy that will handle like its on rails tomorrow. I am not sold on this "they told me this and that" . I'm just tired of waiting. Its time to move on. And yes, they don't owe an explanation but it would be good business. Lets just hope that its bulletproof. By gosh it better be.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yes but the car has been released. Again folks are comparing the ss to a car. Sheesh.
Lemme ask ya, I want to buy new Zo7, can they tell me when I will get it?
No, it hasnt been released yet.
Go to the configurator and put the cash down. It gives you a delivery month. Also the C7 was completely new this year and even GM was able to communicate with customers.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Go to the configurator and put the cash down. It gives you a delivery month. Also the C7 was completely new this year and even GM was able to communicate with customers.
I didnt realize you can order a "Z" version yet, and even if so, there is no gaurantee they hit their delivery dates.
Again, were comparing Polaris to a car company. Polaris does not manufacture cars and shouldnt be held to the same standards.
That said, I understand the frustration, but they DID say late Oct/Nov delivery, so whats the problem?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I didnt realize you can order a "Z" version yet, and even if so, there is no gaurantee they hit their delivery dates.
Again, were comparing Polaris to a car company. Polaris does not manufacture cars and shouldnt be held to the same standards.
That said, I understand the frustration, but they DID say late Oct/Nov delivery, so whats the problem?
Point is they're communicating with customers. That's been my point all along.

·
Registered
525 Posts
bingo, couldn't agree with your more NDV.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Stingray Z51 until I found out about the Slingshot and got the chance to drive one. One of the coolest options on the vette was that you can track your vehicle during the build + pick it up at the factory. I would love to see Polaris offer something similar especially for a vehicle as unique as the Slingshot.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is not a bashing of the product. I still think its a bad ass idea. And it WILL make it to market. I just need more specific info. And why the hell can they not login and create an account. Its not that hard to sign up.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still in the game. I haven't pulled my deposit yet. I'm headed to Tellico Plains TN next week and I'm going to wait till Friday and if I have credible info ill stay with the slingshot. IF NOT I'm going to Atlanta car shopping. I may end up with a NISSAN GTR.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
They started making the Vette in 1953. They had some time to perfect the production process I would imagine. Hell, they could only make 300 that first year. Lets not compare apples to orangutans.

How many production delays did Tesla have on ALL its models?
How many years has the Elio been delayed?

Just hang in there guys and understand that there is a risk/reward to being the first on the block with the first toy of its kind. Those that can't come to terms with that pull your deposit and allow the next person in line who understands that ratio to move up in that line. Once these hit the streets it will be a feeding frenzy and folks could wait a year or more (don't forget these will be sold internationally). A few extra weeks doesn't seem that bad to me compared to the risk of waiting a year or two.

·
Registered
352 Posts
:)yea I am one of those who wants the new toy right now, today, this minute!!! I realized that yes I would have to wait a bit for this but there is no choice in this matter. If you want it, you have to wait until it is available. I may try to put a deposit down tomorrow if I can get one of the first round. I am the guy who always want's the new phone the day it comes out. This is a little more expensive and requires a little more patience. I hope we all get what we want. Good luck to all of us!! :)

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I live by UPS red label delivery and FedEx Overnight delivery. I once paid a truck driver an extra 1000.00 over the regular expedited cost to bring me a car I bought across the US without any delays and other deliveries. That is the kind of patience I have... And I am not ashamed. I don't care. You only live one time!!!!

I have two microwaves and they still are not fast enough

1 - 20 of 44 Posts