Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to cancel my ss yesterday and my dealer is refusing to give my deposit back
anyone in pa want to take my spot number 4 for base with info and straight windscreen
he said if it doesn't come in by 12 31 14 he will refund

thank you
ps kip what would your dealer do

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That is really poor business practice on the part of your dealer. Short sighted to say the least. I despise these type of practices and hope the gentle-person running this particular dealership finds a special place in hell.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Call your States Attorney General, maybe you circumstances will warrant you get your refund, maybe he'll just place an "informal" call to the dealer and change his mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is really poor business practice on the part of your dealer. Short sighted to say the least. I despise these type of practices and hope the gentle-person running this particular dealership finds a special place hell.
it really sucks they are acting like they wont be able to sell it I mailed them a check for $1,000 and hey cashed it in august if they are willing to refund 12-31 they should be willing to do so now they are just banking on it coming in before then so they can keep my money I thought if anyone close wanted to jump on my deal I would let them dealer is 30 miles outside of pittsburgh

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Was it stated as a non-refundable deposit? Did your dealer tell you when you would receive the SS (in writing)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it really sucks they are acting like they wont be able to sell it I mailed them a check for $1,000 and hey cashed it in august if they are willing to refund 12-31 they should be willing to do so now they are just banking on it coming in before then so they can keep my money I thought if anyone close wanted to jump on my deal I would let them dealer is 30 miles outside of pittsburgh
no it was a deposit to put my name on list original delivery between aug and beginning of oct I saved emails and sent to Polaris today and they said since store is privately owned they cant make them give a refund but did call them dealer emailed me after that saying I can forfet my deposit or wait to see if it comes in by 12-31 if not they will refund

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it was a deposit to put my name on list original delivery between aug and beginning of oct I saved emails and sent to Polaris today and they said since store is privately owned they cant make them give a refund but did call them dealer emailed me after that saying I can forfet my deposit or wait to see if it comes in by 12-31 if not they will refund
with tax title info system and windscreen 24062

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Depending on the language it would be illegal for them to keep your money. If you have something in writing that has NOT been done then that is legal grounds to get any deposit back - refundable or not. If you have a lawyer friend then I would just have them call on your behalf - if you have to pay for it then you will quickly run over that $1,000.

I had to fight to get a deposit back on a Mustang GT not long ago. They told me in an email that it would arrive at a certain time. After 4 weeks past the delivery date I had to fight to get my money back but I finally did once I told them that the Salesman emailed me the time frame. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Do you live close enough to go into the dealership and speak with the manager? If so, many times it helps to speak with a manager face to face. Remain calm and state your case for requesting the refund. Don't make any hollow threats. Let them know you will consider them for future business. If you still cannot get anywhere you can always consult a lawyer. This sounds like something that could be settled in small claims court but I would consult an attorney on the chances of your success.

Otherwise, hopefully someone in the area that wants one will step in and take your spot. You could always post an ad on craigslist advertising your spot on the list.

·
Vendor
550 Posts
decided to cancel my ss yesterday and my dealer is refusing to give my deposit back
anyone in pa want to take my spot number 4 for base with info and straight windscreen

thank you
Thats pretty crappy of them... The only situation as a dealer I would ever not return a customers deposit would be in an event we had possible unrecoverable costs invested... for example you order a slingshot and want me to add a turbo or custom work to it... maybe hot pink paint job.... and then back out after the work was completed.

Try and go up the chain of command, if there not terrible human beings they should give you your money back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats pretty crappy of them... The only even as a dealer I would ever not return a customers deposit would be in an event we had possible unrecoverable costs invested... for example you order a slingshot and want me to add a turbo or custom work to it... maybe hot pink paint job.... and then back out after the work was completed.

Try and go up the chain of command, if there not terrible human beings they should give you your money back.[/QUOTE
I spoke to the owner and his son like I said I did order the radio and windscreen I would be willing to pay restock fee on those but they are acting like they wont sell my unit even though he told me he stopped taking orders because of the long wait I am leaving work now going to call and plead to them one last time ill let you guys know thanks for listening

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No problem. Best of luck with your next discussion. Hoping you just get your money back with no more hassle's. Definitely let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If they said you would receive the SS between Aug and the 1st of October then THEY broke the contract and you should get your money back plus interest from the date the contract was broken.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

thank you
Every dealer situation is different, but I think it would be a good idea for you to go in and sit down with the salesperson and sales manager and discuss your deposit.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Just politely tell them you will be posting their name and crappy policy on the Slingshot forums for others to see. No threats, just a promise to let the world know how dedicated they are to customer service. In this case, service as in animal husbandry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I pulled my deposit last week due to insurance issues. My dealer cut a check on the spot then told me as soon as he had a demo available he would call so at least I could drive one. That is what I call great service and attitude. Dealer is in New Syria Beach Florida and I would highly recommend them!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's been 2-1/2 weeks since I requested the refund of my deposit, and I still haven't received the money. For 2 weeks he flat-out ignored me -- no call back or reply at all. Then when I asked for an update the salesman said they'd take care of it soon. So he isn't saying there won't be a refund, but there hasn't been a rush to deliver either.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts