Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a buddy was checking out my slingshot. He asked if he could sit in it which didnt bother me but then he starts pretending to drive it slamming through the gears without clutching it and not once or twice but 20 or 30 times before I asked him to quit. i could hear the gears slamming....jeeze. :rage: Then he's playing with the brake, pushing all the buttons, stomping on the gas (without the key or it even started...Probably flooded it)....then gets out putting all his weight on the plastic fairing to the side, and starts yanking the fin on the back side to side and says " this feels chincy" :punch: and then kicks the tires and scratching his finger over the paint to "feel the flaws!!!" I about jumped out of my skin but kept my cool through it all. So now I'm amongst my fellow slingshot friends complaining.....some people....:banghead:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I
So a buddy was checking out my slingshot. He asked if he could sit in it which didnt bother me but then he starts pretending to drive it slamming through the gears without clutching it and not once orctwive but 20 or 30 times before I asked him to quit. Then he's playing with the brake, pushing all the buttons, stomping on the gas (without the key or it even started...Probably flooded it....then gets out putting all his weight on the plastic fairing to the side, and starts yanking the fin on the back side to side and says " this feels chincy" and then kicks the tires and scratching his finger over the paint to "feel the flaws!!!" I about jumped out of my skin but kept my cool through it all. So now I'm amongst my fellow slingshot friends complaining.....some people....
Stop making 6 year olds you friends!!! :eek::eek::D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a reason why people like that do the things they do. Because nobody has kicked the shit out of them for doing it yet.....pretty simple when you think about it.
I must just be too kind. But don't think I wasn't mentally kicking his a$$ the whole time. What good does kicking a tire do you!!?? Why do idiots do it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So a buddy was checking out my slingshot. He asked if he could sit in it which didnt bother me but then he starts pretending to drive it slamming through the gears without clutching it and not once or twice but 20 or 30 times before I asked him to quit. i could hear the gears slamming....jeeze. :rage: Then he's playing with the brake, pushing all the buttons, stomping on the gas (without the key or it even started...Probably flooded it)....then gets out putting all his weight on the plastic fairing to the side, and starts yanking the fin on the back side to side and says " this feels chincy" :punch: and then kicks the tires and scratching his finger over the paint to "feel the flaws!!!" I about jumped out of my skin but kept my cool through it all. So now I'm amongst my fellow slingshot friends complaining.....some people....:banghead:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Need to find a sticker that says "Keep your dick beaters off my Slingshot"

·
Registered
390 Posts
So far it's been all Onroad, "what the hell you doin", moments for me. First off the gas station MOBBED, no groapers. Next was being at an intersection, front row, and watching the lady come to a complete stop with ten cars behind her as she was to turn left across and in front of me. Then I get what may have been a cute lil thang, pass me on the right, where there's No lane, just parking spaces, to get in front of me and try to get me to pull over into parking lot (blinker on pointing frantically to the left) just so she can ogle either me or my ride. I like to think it was me. I was fully aware that Ruby would garner some attention, but holy Jesus. Some people are just idiots.
Yes I named her Ruby. And No I didn't pull over for cutie.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Friend or not, he should have been told immediately to stop. Would this individual pay for any damages. Think not.
I see this problem all the
time. No one wants to say
anything or there afraid
they'll hurt the persons
feeling.
I wouldn't have this
problem.
My grandchildren who are
in there twenties wouldn't
even think of doing this in
my SS once it arrives.
Myself I would have