Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wow, that is scary! You bet I'm gonna check mine.

Now we are going to get hammered with the haters that are all up in arms over the swing arm, more fuel for them.

LC

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is scary! You bet I'm gonna check mine.

Now we are going to get hammered with the haters that are all up in arms over the swing arm, more fuel for them.

LC
Lol, Is it worth it if it's possibly a matter of life and death? Yeah, you're right. It's not worth it. Maybe I should delete the post. ;) Flower Benders UNITE!

·
Registered
760 Posts
No, don't delete the post, to much important information in it.

Would like to know more about the guys sling and if it is modified, and how he drives it.

LC

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
There are several posts on SL rims breaking if you dig around on the forum. This isn't something new unfortunately, but it is hard to tell how many have actually broken. Maybe a few..... And with that, did the person hit something...?

I personally would be more scared of a rim breaking than a swingarm.

If you curb check, have bad roads with potholes, etc., I would regularly check the wheels for cracking. Its is quick and easy to do. If you dont want to do this, then I would buy something aftermarket.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would use a cotton ball as I visually checked the rims, cotton balls stick to little burrs real easy. Might help somebody find that elusive crack.

LC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone inspecting their rims regularly? Check out this vid.

I have 4 -2015 slingshots...they are only driven carefully by guests every so often...not drove hard at all...one rear rim has been slowly going down and after 3 days of investigating around the air inlet I saw bubbles coming out from around it...thought it was a bad valve stem but after further looking there is a mold mark about even with the valve stem that goes all the way around tire rim...my leak is a bad rim that is seeping from a mold crack extending out from the valve stem hole appx 1 inch...now it looks like we have to buy a whole new rear rim and yes for safety reasons...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts