Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Originally I planned only local cruising near home in FL. But I make 2 or 3 trips a year to my off grid shack in CO and decided WTF, I've got the time to wait if the weather is bad during the trip, I'll take the SS on at least one of them.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
You should probably define "long" trips....

I will take mine one 100-200 mile trips frequently. For a sport bike rider, that would be considered a long trip! :walkingdead:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I plan on taking mine on a 600 one way trip in the spring. I'll be curious to see how the tire lasts. I also do regular 1000 mile weekends to Arkansas on the bike and would love to do the same in the SS.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I'm thinking about driving a couple of hours to meet a fellow SS owner for a quick cup of coffee then head back home. Each trip will be in a different direction, I need to show my wife I do have "social skills"....:cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I plan long distance cruising. But I am masochistic. I once road a 50cc Honda all the way around Lake Huron at 30-35 mph. Brutal!

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Slingshot begs to be taken on long trips. I plan on taking it to Palm Springs from Phoenix within the first month, Then maybe Vegas.
I might pass your way on the way to Vegas, and this is likely to happen sooner rather than later as my son in Vegas earned a motorcycle endorsement just so he can pilot the slingshot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We plan weekend trips with ours - probably no more than two nights. Trips to the Texas Hill Country or the Ozarks are a good day's drive or ride. Plus, plenty of breakfast and lunch RTEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I plan on using it as I do my bikes, day trips 100-300 miles, one or two night trips 300-1000 miles, long trips 1,000-7,000+ miles.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah the wife's already looking forward to taking the SS out for a ride. Plus she's well versus in driving a stick shift. Will actually be fun watching her the first time behind the wheel.
Plan on alot of fun rides.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts