Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks good, feels solid and made well. Simple install and I couldn't budge it, even tried a sledge hammer (ok I didn't really). Does its job for a good price and made with care and quality.

Service was great as well.

You want cheap and done well get safety wife and drill the flange (pin drill makes it hard to line back up when taken off).
You want insane beauty and price go with @UNIFIED PERFORMANCE. (I won't lie, I want!)
You want easy and well done for a great price and peace of mind, come to cycle springs for this.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks good, feels solid and made well. Simple install and I couldn't budge it, even tried a sledge hammer (ok I didn't really). Does its job for a good price and made with care and quality.

Service was great as well.

You want cheap and done well get safety wife and drill the flange (pin drill makes it hard to line back up when taken off).
You want insane beauty and price go with @UNIFIED PERFORMANCE. (I won't lie, I want!)
You want easy and well done for a great price and peace of mind, come to cycle springs for this.
Thanks for the review, and being the guniPIG.. ;) Just placed my order with @Cycle Springs.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Also available is UpLok from Unified Performance for $289.
Obviously a necessary upgrade for some owners due to the awesome looks and designer price.

@jonv introduced Vi Engineered's spiked nut, $175.

I think the pig is talking about Cycle Springs Locking Axle Cover for $38.
Good looking, and should do the job reasonably well. We need pictures from farther back and a few angles pig!!!! And, if you loosen the axle nut so you can turn the nut by hand, can you put the cap on and not be able to turn the nut?

My two cents actually cost $0.02. Face it, we're talking about a mostly plastic bathtub with wheels. The only expensive parts going on ours is a steering wheel, because that's a driver comfort thing, and possibly a turbo when Hahn gets them perfected, because it's cool. I'd looked into HID lights so I could see at night (in one case $500 per light) but the stock halogen can be awesome, more to come.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also available is UpLok from Unified Performance for $289.
Obviously a necessary upgrade for some owners due to the awesome looks and designer price.

I think the pig is talking about Cycle Springs Locking Axle Cover for $38.
Good looking, and should do the job reasonably well. We need pictures from farther back and a few angles pig!!!! And, if you loosen the axle nut so you can turn the nut by hand, can you put the cap on and not be able to turn the nut?

My two cents actually cost $0.02. Face it, we're talking about a mostly plastic bathtub with wheels. The only expensive parts going on ours is a steering wheel, because that's a driver comfort thing, and possibly a turbo when Hahn gets them perfected, because it's cool. I'd looked into HID lights so I could see at night (in one case $500 per light) but the stock halogen can be awesome, more to come.
Sorry yeah you got it right, I copied and pasted from the eBay item description lol.

Pics and a YouTube video for you @WI_Hedgehog , cause I hope to do half as well as you in the information category!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I also installed this. Good quality for the price, and looks good enough for me, better than the rusty gaping hole.
20150609_130231.jpg
20150609_130240.jpg
20150609_130221.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would like to thank Jimmy @Cycle Springs for getting my "nut" lock out over the weekend. I received it in the mail today when I got home. Would also like to thank @Pigmanfu for the review. I wasted no time getting it on the SS. It fits nice and tight and looks good. I have all most 2300 miles and the nut has not moved at all, this will just add a little more security and will keep the mud out of the axle hole.
NUT cover.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
so its been a while since this axle nut mod had been introduced...some people are saying (NOT ME) its only cosmetic and does not hold NUT on? will someone who has this please elaborate...thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My nut wasn't moving before, so I put this on as a catastrophic deterrent. My nut has not moved, but I don't think I'm a good test subject as it wasn't moving before. I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who had a loose nut then installed one of these (@1poser @Pigmanfu @BigRedSS ?). It relies on an expansion bolt inside of the rear axle while fitting perfectly on the existing nut. So really its a matter of how much force gets exerted on loosening the nut vs. how tight the compression is inside the axle.

I am happy with it, it's cost effective (under $40). There is a no bones, guaranteed to work solution from Unified Performance, but it costs around $300, so I guess you just have to put a price on your peace of mind for this problem.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts