Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are about 70% done with the locking gas cap. It will be just as bad ass as the oil cap and maybe even a lil more since it has a lock! Here is a lil sneak peak at the keys ;-) We are proud to be a true American company and if we can't make it we strive to use only American made products, as in case with the locks.

When you buy a locking gas cap it will be registered. If for some reason you loose the keys we will have your serial number and be able to get you a new set of keys!

keys.jpg

1-11-15 update
HOLY cow this was a project! Because the cap is a female end it was very difficult making it lock without having to build a new filler neck that would have added allot of $$. But we did it. It will now be 3D printed and prototype'd
gas1.jpg
gas3.jpg
keys.jpg

1-17-15 update

We 3D printed a sample. This will give an idea of what it will look like. Finish product will be anodized in black and red.
gas.jpg

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Awesome! I think this will be great as with so many people looking at the SS etc it will prevent people from playing with it etc.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey turbosling I would definitely buy the locking gas cap. Email me when they are completed at
Michael just for your security, you can PM to turbo your email address because some of the spammers would love to have your email, if you get what I'm trying to say?

By the way thank you for your purchase :)

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
Hey guys and gals we are still chipping away on the gas cap. Its kicking our ass! It's a complex design and we want to make sure it works, is not crazy expensive, and looks badass! It will be worth the wait :) I will share prototype photos soon.
Can't wait Turbo! I open up one of our billet oil cap boxes about 3 times a week to look at how insane your work is. It's easier then popping my hood :)

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
Hey turbosling I would definitely buy the locking gas cap. Email me when they are completed at [email protected]
To fulfill Turbos thoughtful advice. Under this post, select "edit", then you can delete your email address from the post.

To PM someone you can also tap on their name or avatar. A window will pop up, under their name there are options, one of which is "personal message". This way you don't have to remember or spell a name correctly.;)

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
I'm in. If it's at all close to the oil cap in appearance. I see another Alpha Powersport winner.
What's the word for Top Dog, leader of the pack, peak, pinnacle, I can't think of it. I think it starts with an A, but I'm not sure. Oh well.;)

1 - 20 of 199 Posts