Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 SLR LE and would like to take it on road trips in out Grand Design Momentum 376th, the garage is 12.6" long, anyone out there tried loading one of these into their toy hauler that can offer any advice? Looking at it breifly, the ramp angle will be tough and will have to back it in for sure.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
We just did and are posting a video on it soon. Fit like a glove! We did a modification to our air ride system we will be coming out with that allows the slingshot to be raised 3" higher than stock with the push of a button and will also go 3.5" lower than stock when parked. Here is a pic of it loaded up. Without the air ride it would have needed over 8' in ramp extensions off the toy hauler to not bottom out.

6-DJI_0622.jpg

That same slingshot parked and lowered...

1-DSC00149.jpg

And fully raised...

Untitled-1.jpg

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 SLR LE and would like to take it on road trips in out Grand Design Momentum 376th, the garage is 12.6" long, anyone out there tried loading one of these into their toy hauler that can offer any advice? Looking at it breifly, the ramp angle will be tough and will have to back it in for sure.
I'm just brainstorming, but if you laid a couple 2x6s on the ramp half way down or whatever distance to change the angle so the nose wouldn't bottom out. It might work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love Grand Design! We had a Imagine before we upgraded ... Would consider going to a Momentum if it would fit ... have been talking to Rev Dynamics about the air ride.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
The one thing that helped besides the air ride was also getting the rear of the truck up on the shorter ramps which in turn pitched the rear of the toy hauler a little lower. Race Ramps makes some extremely light ramps that may help you out to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too am looking for a toy hauler,after quite abit of searching with a 8 x 12.5 garage. I found a keystones 347, 5th wheel and pull with diesel 3/4 Ram. And use 3 ramps,stock height suspension sling. Do any of you have insight into major problem area s, or better suggestions.for a toy hauler. Thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I used to pick which Race Ramp to with my trailer. (Trailer Ramps - Race Ramps)

I found that you have to keep the ramp angle under 10 degree's pulling on to a trailer, not sure about backing onto the trailer.. Just my two cents.

I just calculated the angles and the race ramps will work just fine even backing it in, thanks or the info!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So did it fit? We are looking to purchase a used Slingshot.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So did it fit? We are looking to purchase a used Slingshot.
The Slingshot will fit on a 7x14 open trailer. About 3 in (1.5 in clearance each side) if your going to any enclosed trailer you need at least a 8 ft wide. the door clearance will be just about 7 ft. First question is what can your tow vechiel pull, takes TWICE the tow package to tow the enclosed unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts