Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is the one we're looking at too...they are going to need to make custom charge tubes OR we might have to relieve the bodywork in spots from what I can guess.

·
Vendor
603 Posts
Ya I'm just not a fan of the log like that.
The OEM cast manifold for the LNF is not a log type acutally. It is a good flowing piece, we can use it on builds making over 400hp. It separates the runners to create a dual scroll setup for the turbo to help with spool. We have built and prototyped tubular headers that bolt in place of the stock manifold and on a stock turbo only make around 7hp more at 295hp at the wheels.

·
Vendor
603 Posts
Possibly, we will have to wait and see the engine bay first. We did talk with our local dealer and they are getting 3 slingshots at the end of the month. If we can fit it, we will probably be able to do a supercharger, turbo or both kits for the Slingshot pretty easily.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Possibly, we will have to wait and see the engine bay first. We did talk with our local dealer and they are getting 3 slingshots at the end of the month. If we can fit it, we will probably be able to do a supercharger, turbo or both kits for the Slingshot pretty easily.
How much would a stage one kit would go for approximately?
I'm talking about everything needed nothing missing....I wouldn't want to go back Needing other pieces afterwards?!
How much horsepower?

·
Vendor
603 Posts
How much would a stage one kit would go for approximately?
I'm talking about everything needed nothing missing....I wouldn't want to go back Needing other pieces afterwards?!
How much horsepower?
Our stage 1 supercharger kit with the old style setup was around $3500 and ran around 6 psi non-intercooled. That was good enough to take the stock 145hp at the wheels to 195-200hp at the wheels and add around 50-60 ft/lbs of torque also. Very drivable with a linear throttle response, feels like a V6 in the Solstice/Sky's.

A stage 1 turbo kit running around the same pressure and power should be around $2500-2700 I would think, but until we get to see the engine bay later this month these are just guesses.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Our stage 1 supercharger kit with the old style setup was around $3500 and ran around 6 psi non-intercooled. That was good enough to take the stock 145hp at the wheels to 195-200hp at the wheels and add around 50-60 ft/lbs of torque also. Very drivable with a linear throttle response, feels like a V6 in the Solstice/Sky's.

A stage 1 turbo kit running around the same pressure and power should be around $2500-2700 I would think, but until we get to see the engine bay later this month these are just guesses.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Excellent, can you keep me informed once it's done, i'm very interested in the turbo kit.
What are you going to do concerning the muffler? As you know it is very short. Where I live they give tickets/ fines for being too loud, they do tolerate some pipes but they do not tolerate open/straight pipes

·
Vendor
603 Posts
Excellent, can you keep me informed once it's done, i'm very interested in the turbo kit.
What are you going to do concerning the muffler? As you know it is very short. Where I live they give tickets/ fines for being too loud, they do tolerate some pipes but they do not tolerate open/straight pipes
Fortunately turbos do naturally quiet down the exhaust since they have the turbine sitting in the exhaust stream. From what I have seen in pictures, there will still be room for a small muffler even after the turbo though. Once we get to seen one later this month I am sure all of us will have a better idea of what is going to be able to be done.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Question, in my younger days I had a 80 camaro with a 305 CI 4 bl carb V8, true dual exhaust running into 18" cherry bomb glass packs. Thats 4 cylinders into each system. It had a nice deep rumble to it and would rattle the sheet metal when the 4 bl kicked in. Will a turbo'd 4 cyl with 1 18' glass pack give the same deep rumble, or am i just dreaming?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will there ever be much hope of traction with 250HP at the (single) rear wheel? I'm just wondering...

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It shouldn't be too big of a problem. The Kenda tire that comes on the SS is far from a sticky ultra high performance tire. With a better tire and a little wider the stock SS probably won't even break 1st loose much.

on 300whp or more and when traction is a problem a stand alone ecu tuned to boost by gear is a simple solution.

·
Vendor
603 Posts
It shouldn't be too big of a problem. The Kenda tire that comes on the SS is far from a sticky ultra high performance tire. With a better tire and a little wider the stock SS probably won't even break 1st loose much.

on 300whp or more and when traction is a problem a stand alone ecu tuned to boost by gear is a simple solution.
You will not need to go to an aftermarket ECM to limit boost on a turbo setup in lower gears. There are a couple boost controller options out there that can limit boost based on gear and also RPM. On the supercharged setups the boost is linear with the throttle response, so it is kinda built in already ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts