Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I register this as a motorcycle, then the licence player will be small. Does the slingshot use the smaller motorcycle plates or the larger car style plates?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, just looked at slingmods rear picture and it appears the plate is the smaller motorcycle style. Anyone been harrassed in the "2plate states" for not having one up front?? I know it's not required but I'm guessing cops will still try and pull you over for it

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Never mind, just looked at slingmods rear picture and it appears the plate is the smaller motorcycle style. Anyone been harrassed in the "2plate states" for not having one up front?? I know it's not required but I'm guessing cops will still try and pull you over for it
no. If the see the bike plate on the rear, they know it doesn't have a front tag. You may get pulled over at first for the bike tag until they get used to see what it is and realizing it's registered properly.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

Best Buy Victory Polaris
November 19
The sheriff and under sheriff both got me. They are talking about painting it white with green stripes and putting a star on it. My charges are having a vehicle that causes crowds lol

Why would you think Cops dont know about the SS?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I printed the vehicle codes proving I don't need a front plate on a Motorcycle & that I don't need an M license in CA when driving/riding a 3 wheel motorcycle. I keep em in the glovebox just in case.
That'd be handy to have; got a link to that info, or a code # I could look up?

·
Registered
362 Posts
They won't pull you over. It doesn't have a place for a front plate, so they will leave you alone. Plus once they see that you have a MC plate, they won't care if it's a MC or a car, they will just go along with what DMV says. They may "run" your plate to see what it is, and who owns it, and stuff like that out of curiosity, but that is it. I can't imagine any cop pulling you over because they think you registered and plated it wrong.

Showing the officer your copy of the vehicle code during their traffic stop is not a good idea. They have their own real copy with them. Remember like most of us, most police are type "A" personalities. Butting heads on their traffic stop, is usually not going to go well. Just saying. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Be prepared with the appropriate statues but don't challenge the officer. If you help educate them it makes it better for all the slingshot owners. Remember most officers won't know what it is and haven't applied the law to anyone driving one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts