Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small company called no cage audio, We do stereos for motorcycles ATVs boats.

I'm curious about the speakers, amplifiers and stereo in this info center that we get

I've never seen a factory stereo that didn't need upgrading. I want to make sure I'm as obnoxious as anybody on the highway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I posted this in another thread but might be better here.

I'm ordering the standard SS due to the price being over priced for rims, tires and a sound system. My first thought was to do an iPad mini in a Tank waterproof case, but does not really give a clean look. My new thought process is to do a custom iPad mini float mount from (www.soundmanca.com) and body work it into the cubby in the dash. Then send the iPad mini to a company called liquipel (www.liquipel.com) where they will use a special process to make the device waterproof. I've actually seen the product work in real life at CES a couple years back. They were taking apple and android devices and dropping them into water and they would work both in the water and out of the water. My main concern will be the glare on any device that is placed in or around the dash. My plan is to place an HD anti-glare screen protector but I still think i will need to come up with some sort of sun visor. I live in Las Vegas so my SS has many hot sunny days in its future. For sound I will most likely do an amp with some nice waterproof speakers in kick panels and a 8"sub in the cubby behind the passenger (depends if sub cost me to much storage). This will mainly be a weekend play thing so no real need to haul stuff.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just try to sell my iPad mini Float Mount Kit on eBay buy from soundman...lol...let me know if someone interested!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be working with my Dealer to develop some alternates and add-on's for the SS. I already do some stereo stuff for his ATV's.

He has requested some info from Polaris on the Info system, but nothing back yet

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The stock system doesn't sound too great...the speaker pod-thingys look pretty elaborate and may be hard to modify BUT I don't know the first thing about stereo stuff so I could be wrong...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would think that they used somebodies off the shelf standard size speakers. So we can upgrade those with no issues. We use a lot of the Hawg Wired Amps in the MC's and ATV's. They make a 2-Channel 400W RMS D-Class amp that is 5" x 4" x 1.25" I am sure we can find a place to stuff that in there somewhere. I am thinking for under a $1000.00 we can make that thing ROCK. Looking over the pics, I think a double din receiver will fit right in there for the guys that choose the base models with no music. I will have to have a face plate made and powder coated to make it look factory. But that's no big deal.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I've been wondering about fitting this Jensen marine AM/FM unit
JENSEN CPM100 AM/FM/USB. It's about the size of a dash gauge (3-1/2"), rain/water resistant as are the speakers. It's also available for around $150. Of course, speaker panels would need to be fabricated. I'd also like a stand-alone GPS.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would think that they used somebodies off the shelf standard size speakers. So we can upgrade those with no issues. We use a lot of the Hawg Wired Amps in the MC's and ATV's. They make a 2-Channel 400W RMS D-Class amp that is 5" x 4" x 1.25" I am sure we can find a place to stuff that in there somewhere. I am thinking for under a $1000.00 we can make that thing ROCK. Looking over the pics, I think a double din receiver will fit right in there for the guys that choose the base models with no music. I will have to have a face plate made and powder coated to make it look factory. But that's no big deal.
Hey Slide please contact me if you come up with a sound system that includes GPS BLTH IPOD BACKUP CAMERA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I looked just real quick and you can do your own back up camera for 100. Not including screen.

So 2200 is way to much money. You won't even get a sub

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well you might have to loose one of the cargo spots. Or a smaller sub between the seats in the back. Two 8 in subs vertically between

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well you might have to loose one of the cargo spots. Or a smaller sub between the seats in the back. Two 8 in subs vertically between
I can't figure where you talking about...:/

And what you think about just up the battery departement? Seem to have some place there?

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Unfortunately the gas tank is between the seats so I am not sure how much room is between the body work and the actual tank (be careful where you cut!). A sub will fit nicely in either storage compartment behind either seat. The battery in the pic above is inside the storage compartment behind the driver. There is plenty of space though...

2014-polaris-slingshot-review-9.jpg

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Unfortunately the gas tank is between the seats so I am not sure how much room is between the body work and the actual tank (be careful where you cut!). A sub will fit nicely in either storage compartment behind either seat. The battery in the pic above is inside the storage compartment behind the driver. There is plenty of space though...

View attachment 367
Definitely enough room in there for a dozen eggs, gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.

1 - 20 of 367 Posts