Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You've probably seen the Slingshot by now. Just FYI, the leg room was a deal breaker for us. There's plenty of room on the driver side, but none on the passenger side. My wife is 5'10" and she couldnt sit in it. The muffler is just on the other side of the fire wall on the passenger side. You can see the restriction on one of the test videos on you tube. Hopefully they will solve this on next year's model.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've probably seen the Slingshot by now. Just FYI, the leg room was a deal breaker for us. There's plenty of room on the driver side, but none on the passenger side. My wife is 5'10" and she couldnt sit in it. The muffler is just on the other side of the fire wall on the passenger side. You can see the restriction on one of the test videos on you tube. Hopefully they will solve this on next year's model.
REALLY ? Well my wife is 5' 3" she says 5' 4" I think we will be just fine !!!!! If we can ever get the darn thing !!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have seen some bigger guys in the SS and most were still sliding the seat forward. There is more room than you might expect.
maybe they differ a little but I am 61 300 pounds driver and my son 62 270 and he rode for three hours in the passenger side and didn't complain or say it was uncomfortable. The passenger seat is a little closer and permantly bolted down. 6 foot 4 it may be a little cramped

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to take the passenger seat out and reposition it further back? It didn't stop us from buying but my wife has the same issue. I just told her to dangle her legs over the side when she felt cramped.....(I'm still standing so you know I didn't really tell her that)

·
Registered
15 Posts
REALLY ? Well my wife is 5' 3" she says 5' 4" I think we will be just fine !!!!! If we can ever get the darn thing !!!
5'4" is no problem at all. They just arrived in Florida stores and we saw it last Saturday. The pictures dont do it justice. it looks incredible. My wife wasnt interested in it (when I showed her pictures) until she saw it in person. That is until she sat in it. It just makes me mad that there isnt enough room in the passenger seat for her. If you look at the youtube video by motorcycle.com, they show it at the 1:30 minute mark. Ive written Polaris about it. But again, 5'4" wont be an issue. My wife said if I really want to get it, no problem, I can enjoy it with my 5'3 ex wife lol. Good luck!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe they differ a little but I am 61 300 pounds driver and my son 62 270 and he rode for three hours in the passenger side and didn't complain or say it was uncomfortable. The passenger seat is a little closer and permantly bolted down. 6 foot 4 it may be a little cramped
With a little work I am sure the seat could be moved back. Not something you should have to do on a $20,000 vehicle. I am still waiting on mine. So until I get it, every thing that I post is purely speculation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
well, women are a bit more fiesty. Glad you guys are comfortable. I trying to get her to sit in one again. As for moving the seat back, thats not an option. its up against the storage trunk. PS. I would like to know what prices anyone is quoted. For the LS, I was quoted on the sticker price, plus 1,800 in freight to cape coral Florida, plus 1,800 in dealer prep, which I told the guy was ridiculous since building the bike should already have been included in the manufacturers suggested price. Then he said it was "negotiable".

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5'4" is no problem at all. They just arrived in Florida stores and we saw it last Saturday. The pictures dont do it justice. it looks incredible. My wife wasnt interested in it (when I showed her pictures) until she saw it in person. That is until she sat in it. It just makes me mad that there isnt enough room in the passenger seat for her. If you look at the youtube video by motorcycle.com, they show it at the 1:30 minute mark. Ive written Polaris about it. But again, 5'4" wont be an issue. My wife said if I really want to get it, no problem, I can enjoy it with my 5'3 ex wife lol. Good luck!
Well , My Wife wants to drive this thing. So that puts my 6' 4" A** ridding shotgun !!! I didnt think about that.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you can get one in, you can probably get them both in .

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
well, women are a bit more fiesty. Glad you guys are comfortable. I trying to get her to sit in one again. As for moving the seat back, thats not an option. its up against the storage trunk. PS. I would like to know what prices anyone is quoted. For the LS, I was quoted on the sticker price, plus 1,800 in freight to cape coral Florida, plus 1,800 in dealer prep, which I told the guy was ridiculous since building the bike should already have been included in the manufacturers suggested price. Then he said it was "negotiable".
rick, check the dealer locator on the web site then shop around, you can do a LOT better price wise.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Call these guys

http://www.bestbuypolaris.com/

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's all VERY negotiable. Mine was MSRP $ 23,999.00 Out the door.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Wow, I was not aware the passenger seat was non adjustable and space restricted. I may just have to use my deposit for a different toy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts