Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I've never tried them. From the specs, they should be bright enough at a reasonable power consumption. I initially tried some no-name EBay LED headlight bulbs with heat-disbursing webbed metal ribbons instead of fans, but wasn't happy with their light output/beam pattern and then changed to plug-n-play SSO LED bulbs - Polaris Slingshot Led Headlight Light Kit - Slingshot Only (Been using them for almost 3-1/2 years now with lots of night driving). I never needed any "cancelers" for the EBay or the SSO LED headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I forgot to mention that the Nova LED bulbs are a little brighter than the SSO units, so that is also something to take into consideration.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We're talking about led lights on a different thread called "remove dust boot for led lights?". I just put in some Ebay led lights and I can't believe the difference. Someone wrote on the other thread that some led lights have to be installed 'vertically'. BKL, I'm wondering if ebay lights have gotten better, or if maybe you had the type that need vertical installation. The led lights on my SS seem almost as bright as the Xenon HIDs on my Infiniti, and those are about the brightest I've ever seen.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
We're talking about led lights on a different thread called "remove dust boot for led lights?". I just put in some Ebay led lights and I can't believe the difference. Someone wrote on the other thread that some led lights have to be installed 'vertically'. BKL, I'm wondering if ebay lights have gotten better, or if maybe you had the type that need vertical installation. The led lights on my SS seem almost as bright as the Xenon HIDs on my Infiniti, and those are about the brightest I've ever seen.
Some of Amazon's LED headlight bulbs have been advertise as aimable in that you can rotate then for maximum light output. The metal ribbon heat dispersion LEDs I referred to above were some I purchased back in 2015/6 and LED bulb designs have improved since then.

A lot of my complaint about theLED light output may have been due to the CH units I had from SSO. I swapped in the SlingMods CH units and was happier with their performance. Hopefully, it wasn't all in my mind!o_O

While I've been running LED headlight bulbs for 3+ years now, I still feel that the different orientation of the light-producing elements in LED bulbs will still result in a different light dispersal pattern as far as down-the road light output is concerned, especially when dealing with projector headlights.

I've seen VisionX LED lights advertised since well before the Slingshot was released and I can't help but wonder if the design of the VisionX LED lights might not make better use of the LED light output since they place the LED at the back of the focus cone and claim tight spot beams as narrow as 10 degrees with ranges as far a 800+ feet, down to 300+ feet for wider spot models. I was thinking about asking in a new thread if anyone has experience with the VisionX products, but I guess I just asked. Hopefully folks will see this post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts