Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the factory LEDs. Took about 45 minutes and was pretty much plug and play. No instructions to remove the radio but just take out the 4 allen head screws, remove the face plate and pull out the radio removing the wiring harnesses. Two things to do different than the factory instructions. #1 do not drill holes on the drivers side where the instructions show you to as there is a frame tube directly on the other side of the indicated location. Instead drill the holes an inch or two forward (towards the front of the car) of the indicated location. #2 Do not feed the wiring harness into the radio slot and out into the engine bay as the instructions tell you. This is a royal pain in the ass. Instead start the harness low in the engine bay, hooking up the LED's and then feeding the harness into the radio bay from the engine side. Much easier! Make sure you zip tie that sucker up especially on the passenger side to prevent melting your harness and setting your new ride on fire :cigar:. Also there is already wiring at the switch location and light location for fog lamps which I assume will come out later.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Just installed the factory LEDs. Took about 45 minutes and was pretty much plug and play. No instructions to remove the radio but just take out the 4 allen head screws, remove the face plate and pull out the radio removing the wiring harnesses. Two things to do different than the factory instructions. #1 do not drill holes on the drivers side where the instructions show you to as there is a frame tube directly on the other side of the indicated location. Instead drill the holes an inch or two forward (towards the front of the car) of the indicated location. #2 Do not feed the wiring harness into the radio slot and out into the engine bay as the instructions tell you. This is a royal pain in the ass. Instead start the harness low in the engine bay, hooking up the LED's and then feeding the harness into the radio bay from the engine side. Much easier! Make sure you zip tie that sucker up especially on the passenger side to prevent melting your harness and setting your new ride on fire :cigar:. Also there is already wiring at the switch location and light location for fog lamps which I assume will come out later.
Someone mentioned that the lights were reversed, did you have the same problem?
Can you turn the white lights or the blue white while driving?
Can you post pictures? because there are a lot of members that bought the kit

Drilling area
Function
Passing the wire harness

·
Registered
557 Posts
The dealer installed my interior lights and they are reversed on the switch. For the most part, they do not light up like I thought they would.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switch appears to be reversed or whoever designed it doesn't think like me. The pressed down color on the switch is not what is lit but rather the "up" color on the rocker. The lights can be on while driving, they are not too bright to be distracting. I didn't take pics during the install, sorry. I modify the crap out of every vehicle I own (Evo 8, Evo X, H1) and probably should be taking pics and posting for you guys and gals. I'll try and do better when I install the turbo/ supercharger.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My switch is reversed as well. No biggie however the LED kit is a let down. I would not recommend purchasing one.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I added some extra leds on my string to light it up better in the cockpit.:)
Can you give some more info on this? Which lights did you buy and how did you splice them in? I really would like to double the amount of light. Thanks in advance James!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Working on the LEDs, switched to ropes interior direct connect using the led conversion switch and ropes for headlights. Sorry for the blurry pics-
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG

·
Registered
503 Posts
To tell you the truth a friend of mine at Tint World upgraded the factory led kit to give in-cockpit more light and provide red ground effects.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the dealer throw in the OEM led light kit installed as part of the sale. I didn't realize it was going to be a single bulb on each side per each color. Needless to say I was disappointed with the minimum illumination. I looked on Amazon and ordered a set of blue led strips for $6. Replaced the blue bulbs with the led strips and now I have a much better show. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just got the kit and it is junk, also they don't give you the fastener clips to hold the lights, what kind of crap is that? Now I have to go our and locate some clips, what they save there a nickel? Absolute junk.

I did but some undercarriage led pods on last night that look good and they were only $48.00 compared to this mess.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been researching which LED lights I'm going to purchase, and where I'm going to install them for quite a while now. I love LEDs! That's usually the first thing I do with any vehicle I buy, replace all lights with LEDs and add more where needed/wanted. I can tell you now that the kit from Polaris is EXTREMELY overpriced. When I finally get mine ordered and installed, I'll have a new thread started to show it all off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts