10/15/2014 latest from my dealer rep:

"Just heard some good news, the Slingshots should start shipping by the end
of the week or the first of next week. I really hope that they stick with
these dates!! We should see them real soon. As soon as I see a date I
will let you know. Hope to see you soon!"

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks Gary , I talked to my dealer about 2 month's ago and the rest of the info I get comes from people like you .

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I call my dealer today....I felt like I was talking to 'Homer Simpson' or was it Family Guy!!!!!!.......I lost him after the first question; "did you get your display yet?" He answered " Doooooooonuts"

He asked me " call back your salesman tomorrow , he might have some information for you" I asked him "you working in what department?" He said "sales" I got all mixed up and I said "okay"

Until today I believed Homer Simpson was just a cartoon.......I was sooooooo wrong

True story I swear

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
I called my stealership in Oregon today and asked him if he'd heard anything new about shipping dates. He simply answered "no" without hesitation. Maybe he'd already looked it up earlier and was busy. Then another thought dawned on me. I'm #4 for the base model so theoretically if the people ahead of me wanted the SL, I may snag the first base model SS. When I asked he just said, "That's a good question, I think you're like 3 or 4 but definitely not #1." I asked if he could easily just look it up to give me a definite answer and he said he couldn't. He said he'd need to check with all of the sales people. He seemed very busy and unsure so I told him not to worry about it. I hate being that constant nag......but in retrospect, I'm no longer confident that I'm #4.:banghead: I've always had horrible luck with stealerships. I can't trust any of them. That's why I do all of my own mmaintenance.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Actually the lady that takes care of sending The list to Polaris give me a quick look last week because I asked if I was really number two.
26 sold and I am #2

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Actually the lady that takes care of sending The list to Polaris give me a quick look last week because I asked if I was really number two.
26 sold and I am #2
Man......I've only really had great customer service with one dealer in Oregon.....EVER. I've done business with a ton of them. Too bad the dealer I want to do business with doesn't sell the SS. :-(

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Man......I've only really hsd great customer service with one dealer in Oregon.....EVER. I've done business with a ton of them. Too bad the dealer I want to do business with doesn't sell the SS. :-(
I agree with you.
It is usually all about the best service, once you lose that best service with a new dealer that somehow you have no choice to go to because your dealer does not have what you want; it does not feel that great.
Once you get your machine I'm sure you can go back to your dealer, and he would be more than happy to serve you.
Sometimes you got to do what you got to do.....it's that simple

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Only problem for me is, the dealer I was talking about was my Triumph dealer. :meh: No matter, like you basically said, once I get the SS, I'll never have to look back. I just wish I could actually develop a good relationship with a Polaris dealer. One that will give me transparent straight talk and actually cares about what I want and wants to help me along with taking my money. One that doesn't hire one or two decent techs to "oversee" 6 or 7 hamfisted minimum wage kids with no experience working on my toy that I worked so long and hard to buy. If I could find that, I'd gladly pay the dealer premium for things.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Man......I've only really hsd great customer service with one dealer in Oregon.....EVER. I've done business with a ton of them. Too bad the dealer I want to do business with doesn't sell the SS. :-(
Only problem for me is, the dealer I was talking about was my Triumph dealer. :meh: No matter, like you basically said, once I get the SS, I'll never have to look back. I just wish I could actually develop a good relationship with a Polaris dealer. One that will give me transparent straight talk and actually cares about what I want and wants to help me along with taking my money. One that doesn't hire one or two decent techs to "oversee" 6 or 7 hamfisted minimum wage kids with no experience working on my toy that I worked so long and hard to buy. If I could find that, I'd gladly pay the dealer premium for things.
I agree there's a polaris dealer that I've dealt with for 7 year. Became friends with him and his wife. He is a fantastic dealer. He wasn't able to sale the SlingShot due to lack of floor space. No room to add on either.
It's really to bad because his shop area is state of the art.
All his mechanics are very well trained. They've been to school. I never worried about any repairs being done at this dealer. The work preformed was very professional.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm #4 for the base model so theoretically if the people ahead of me wanted the SL, I may snag the first base model SS. When I asked he just said, "That's a good question, I think you're like 3 or 4 but definitely not #1." I asked if he could easily just look it up to give me a definite answer and he said he couldn't. .
That's incredible. I know exactly which models we have allocated to whom. But to be honest, probably because of the oncoming winter, we haven't pre-sold all that many, so it isn't hard to track!

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
I know. That's what leads me to believe it's just lip service. I'm still 4 of 4 and it's too time consuming for my 20,000 dollars. :rolleyes: whatever. I could have pushed it but I didn't want to be a jerk.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Moreover, the salesman I was talking with is a nice enough guy and if he was actually busy, I didn't want to inconvenience him. It just seems as if anytime I've asked for anything there, someone either lies, guesses, or is too busy and acts like I'm a pain in the arse. Heck, I was browsing around anda salesman popped by and I made mention that I couldn't wait for the demo to get in. He then said, "We're not getting a demo." I said huh? He said "We already sold more than 3 paperwork is all done and there's no way to keep a demo." Confused, I wanted to know more......Then another guy said it wasn't true. Then the original guy said "I'll believe it when I see it." AAARRRRG!:banghead:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Moreover, the salesman I was talking with is a nice enough guy and if he was actually busy, I didn't want to inconvenience him. It just seems as if anytime I've asked for anything there, someone either lies, guesses, or is too busy and acts like I'm a pain in the arse. Heck, I was browsing around anda salesman popped by and I made mention that I couldn't wait for the demo to get in. He then said, "We're not getting a demo." I said huh? He said "We already sold more than 3 paperwork is all done and there's no way to keep a demo." Confused, I wanted to know more......Then another guy said it wasn't true. Then the original guy said "I'll believe it when I see it." AAARRRRG!:banghead:
If you sell Victory, Polaris wants you to appoint a brand manager that works exclusively with Vic customers. When you sell KTM or Arctic Cat, they want you to appoint an Orange/Green bleeder, someone who understands the rider lifestyle and is the point of contact for those brands. I think it shouldn't be any different for the Slingshot, there should be a brand ambassador who you go to for all the questions and oversees anything else SS related.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
If you sell Victory, Polaris wants you to appoint a brand manager that works exclusively with Vic customers. When you sell KTM or Arctic Cat, they want you to appoint an Orange/Green bleeder, someone who understands the rider lifestyle and is the point of contact for those brands. I think it shouldn't be any different for the Slingshot, there should be a brand ambassador who you go to for all the questions and oversees anything else SS related.
Wouldn't that be nice for me......... Honestly, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know anything about what's really going on.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Folks: I got the following message from my dealer last Saturday (Interstate Cycles in Mooresville NC): Kenneth, it looks like the SLINGSHOTS will start shipping on Oct 24th. So, I believe they should arrive sometime first week in November. I will keep you updated as much as I can.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Spoke with my dealer today ( Nielsen's Lake Villa, Il) They said they should receive 1 unit by end of next week. This came from their Polaris rep. They originally thought they would get three. This unit needs to stay there til they get a second.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I really don't believe anything the dealer says anymore. I've looked at the Internet ads for the past month and they always said "coming October 15" and now that is down and no longer on the ad.

I don't think that dealers pulled that date out of their ass ...it had to of been given to them by Polaris. Now I believe they are delaying to coordinate some sort of shipping that should've been coordinated months ago! And all the while the weather is getting colder, wetter and virtually unrideable for some north of us...and soon for us as well.

I've never contacted the factory direct for dates, product information and the like...I depend on my dealer to give that information to me and now I am getting more and more pissed off. Just last week I was told October 15 once again. Now that the 15th is here and gone with no deliveries, no firm dates, no VIN numbers and no contact from my dealer whatsoever unless I call him!!!

Am I still excited about getting a slingshot? Yes! But not looking forward to trying to get it home in a foot of snow and below freezing temperatures.

The local Harley dealer knows that I sold my bike and the salesman calls me at least twice a week to let me know what they've got in. Going to miss the big ride that I planned on the 18th around the information I was getting from my dealer and that does not make me a happy man!

Sorry, just venting right now because there's nothing left to do.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts