Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine wanted to dart at 80mph from factory. Had it laser aligned at 600 miles at SSITS. Henry's crew did a great job fixed darting issues. About 2 days later started getting slight vibration in steering wheel at 50 and above. Took it in this past week to a tire shop to have balance checked. Rt was good left was out of balance but he noted the left tire was feathering. It now has 2200 miles on it. He suggested I needed an alignment. So I guess I need to find another laser alignment shop.
A proper true laser track alignment has to be done front and back....by not checking the rear of the SS you are not correcting skew and by not checking front AND rear you are not double checking total toe.....toe that is too much or not enough .....will show wear on tires

·
Registered
939 Posts
@Laser Alignment Man Thanks for the response. I your opinion the feathering I am seeing is it from the first 600 miles before alignment or possibly the last 1700 miles since laser alignment done? Is this something that could wear itself back to normal? Driver front has just slightly high/low along outside tread pattern. Or is this something that I need to have re laser aligned? Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A proper true laser track alignment has to be done front and back....by not checking the rear of the SS you are not correcting skew and by not checking front AND rear you are not double checking total toe.....toe that is too much or not enough .....will show wear on tires
I asked the Tech at Flat Out Powersports in Indiana about the rear, and he said that it was not necessary to check because there was no adjustment that could be made on the rear.. If what you're stating is in fact correct, then I feel slighted for the $150 that I paid them to properly align my Slingshot using your system.. :(

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
There are no laser alignment pace near me. any one have another option? I wanted to make sure the alignment was spot on before I buy new wheels.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I asked the Tech at Flat Out Powersports in Indiana about the rear, and he said that it was not necessary to check because there was no adjustment that could be made on the rear.. If what you're stating is in fact correct, then I feel slighted for the $150 that I paid them to properly align my Slingshot using your system.. :(
I just called Nick at Flat Out and he verified they ARE doing it complete...one thing is true there is no adjustment in the rear BUT he does check the REAR toe....by checking the REAR TARGETS and FRONT TARGETS you will come up "math" wise ..with overall toe and that is the last thing you check, You would not want too much toe or it will eat tires,,,not right now but down the road it will show wear and too little toe will give you that wandering feeling driving down the road....you never want toe out.. you always want toe in...we shoot for .375 over 148"...148" is the work bay setup area for the targets( both front and rear targets). So far all my Polaris dealers are doing a correct and complete align. I will be calling the independents to check on them so the SS rider knows what they are getting for their money ,and they can make a educated choice who to go to.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just called Nick at Flat Out and he verified they ARE doing it complete...one thing is true there is no adjustment in the rear BUT he does check the REAR toe....by checking the REAR TARGETS and FRONT TARGETS you will come up "math" wise ..with overall toe and that is the last thing you check, You would not want too much toe or it will eat tires,,,not right now but down the road it will show wear and too little toe will give you that wandering feeling driving down the road....you never want toe out.. you always want toe in...we shoot for .375 over 148"...148" is the work bay setup area for the targets( both front and rear targets). So far all my Polaris dealers are doing a correct and complete align. I will be calling the independents to check on them so the SS rider knows what they are getting for their money ,and they can make a educated choice who to go to.
@Laser Alignment Man I am purchasing a brand new unit next week. should i drive it an certain amount of miles before doing this? Looks like Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville GA is closest to me. Has anyone here been laser aligned by them yet?

·
Registered
203 Posts
@Laser Alignment Man I am purchasing a brand new unit next week. should i drive it an certain amount of miles before doing this? Looks like Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville GA is closest to me. Has anyone here been laser aligned by them yet?
VIPNiSS.....get it checked right away, if the toe is off don't wait because all it will do is eat tires....who is your dealer? Kristal cold calls everyday

21 - 32 of 32 Posts